[gha] News on Fukushima

  • From: "Michael Ellis" <mindquest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 23:51:02 +1100

Dear All

I realise as Leo says the Japanese Government has ultimate responsibility
for Fukushima However there seems to be increase in incidence of thyroid
cancer in Japanese children and according to a journalist I know, certain
Tokyo children are suffering some kind  of unknown sickness. This is a
Global Crisis of nuclear proportions

Please see  Urgent international petition calling for immediate action on
the uncontrolled radioactive discharges at Tepco's Fukushima Nuclear Power
Plant  <https://fs220.xbit.jp/n362/form2/> https://fs220.xbit.jp/n362/form2/

The Best

Fukushima: A Nuclear War without a War

The Unspoken Crisis of Worldwide Nuclear Radiation

Michel Chossudovsky (Editor)

The World is at a critical crossroads. The Fukushima disaster in Japan has
brought to the forefront the dangers of Worldwide nuclear radiation.

The crisis in Japan has been described as "a nuclear war without a war". In
the words of renowned novelist Haruki Murakami:

"This time no one dropped a bomb on us . We set the stage, we committed the
crime with our own hands, we are destroying our own lands, and we are
destroying our own lives."

Nuclear radiation -which threatens life on planet earth- is not front page
news in comparison to the most insignificant issues of public concern,
including the local level crime scene or the tabloid gossip reports on
Hollywood celebrities.

While the long-term repercussions of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster
are yet to be fully assessed, they are far more serious than those
pertaining to the 1986 Chernobyl disaster in the Ukraine, which resulted in
almost one million deaths (
<http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=20908> New Book
Concludes - Chernobyl death toll: 985,000, mostly from cancer Global
Research, September 10, 2010, See also Matthew Penney and Mark Selden
<http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=24949> The Severity
of the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Disaster: Comparing Chernobyl and
Fukushima, Global Research, May 25, 2011)

Moreover, while all eyes were riveted on the Fukushima Daiichi plant, news
coverage both in Japan and internationally failed to fully acknowledge the
impacts of a second catastrophe at TEPCO's (Tokyo Electric Power Co  Inc)
Fukushima Daini nuclear power plant.

The shaky political consensus both in Japan, the U.S. and Western Europe is
that the crisis at Fukushima has been contained.

The realties, however, are otherwise. Fukushima 3 was leaking unconfirmed
amounts of plutonium. According to Dr. Helen Caldicott, "one millionth of a
gram of plutonium, if inhaled can cause cancer".

An opinion poll in May 2011 confirmed that more than 80 per cent of the
Japanese population do not believe the government's information regarding
the nuclear crisis. (quoted in Sherwood Ross,
<http://globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=27587> Fukushima: Japan's
Second Nuclear Disaster, Global Research, November 10, 2011)

The Japanese government is about to pass a national censorship law clearly
meant to make it impossible to know what's going on at Fukishima.
(  <http://www.nukefree.org/state-secrets-act-will-curb-knowledge-fukushima>
http://www.nukefree.org/state-secrets-act-will-curb-knowledge-fukushima )

Massive quantities of radioactive water have been flowing through the site
since the 3/11/11 earthquake/tsunami.

At thousand flimsy tanks hold still more thousands of tons of radioactive
water which would pour into the Pacific should they collapse.

An earthquake and two typhoons have have just hit there, flushing still more
radioactive water into the sea.

The corrupt and incompetent Tokyo Electric Power Company will soon try
moving 400 tons of supremely radioactive rods from a damaged Unit Four fuel
pool, an operation that could easily end in global catastrophe. The rods
contain 14,000 times as much radioactive cesium as was released at the
bombing of Hiroshima.

Nobody knows the exact location of the melted cores from Units One, Two and
Three or whether they are still fissioning.

Reuters and others report criminal involvement, slashed wages, inhuman
working conditions, serious shortages and lack of training in what has
become an extremely dangerous labor crisis.

Intensely radioactive hotspots have turned up throughout Japan, including
some that threaten human life in Tokyo and make cast a pall on the upcoming

At least one report indicates a massive dead zone in the Pacific apparently
caused by radiation pouring in from the site. Tuna contaminated with
radiation from Fukushima have been caught off the California coast, and
there are widespread reports other marine life disappearing throughout the
(  <http://www.nukefree.org/michael-snyder-waking-times-pacific-dead-zone>
http://www.nukefree.org/michael-snyder-waking-times-pacific-dead-zone )

With the information flow from Fukushima apparently about to go dark, the
presence of independent media and researchers has become more critical than

Petitions with more than 140,000 signatures asking for a global takeover of
the Fukushima site will be delivered to the United Nations November 7. The
ask is for a transnational team of world's best scientists and engineers to
guarantee that all necessary resources are available to deal with this

At very least we desperately need to know more about the11,000 intensely
radioactive fuel rods on site, the three missing reactor cores, the proposed
bring-down of the Unit Four fuel rods, the potential for still more
explosions, the labor crisis, the unending flow of potentially lethal
radiation into the biosphere, and much more.

The fate of the Earth may now hang at the mercy of a widely distrusted
corporation and far-right government intent on blacking out that site.