[gha] Re: New list for all of us?

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "hisaleem@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx, gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 14:55:35 -0400 (EDT)

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruce Cook &lt;cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx&gt;
To: Glen T Martin &lt;gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;; gha@freelists org
&lt;gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;; gha-peace &lt;gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
Sent: Tue, Jul 1, 2014 8:09 am
Subject: [gha] New list for all of us?

  Dear gha members,
 On the basis of Leo's continuing refusal to address problems of academic
credibility and civility in gha,  and his demand to control the mailing list
his brother Ivan started,  I suggest this...
 (In any event,  I suspect that Leo's brother will leave your address on hjs
new list unless you might be critical of Leo.)
 Please let me know,  individually,  whether to...
 1. Delete your address from the main gha list I originally created.
 2. Delete your name from a new list being compiled  as the basis for a new,
credible,  association for peace. (Name and leadership -  preferably a woman  -
not determined yet.)
 Incidentally,  I am still eager to help Leo by editing his book,  but (as
indicated earlier),  this offer is conditional on his resignation as leader of
 I truly regret this.  I had hoped that Leo would have been willing to address
the important questions he is avoiding.  I still like and respect Leo the way I
remember him  before his change in disposition a few months ago.
  Yours in peace,
 On Jun 29, 2014 3:05 PM, "Martin, Glen T" &lt;gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:
      Dear Maria,
    Why not just let GHA be, but start a new list for those of us who are not
willing to have a leader who disrespects and abuses anyone who disagrees with
him?   Some will be on both lists but perhaps many will be on just the
non-abuse list.  Bruce suggests that the new group have a woman President.  How
about you?  I think you would be a great President for a global peace group.
      Warmest wishes,
 Dr. Glen T. Martin
 President, World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA)
 President, Institute on World Problems (IOWP) www.worldproblems.net
 Professor, Philosophy and Peace Studies, Radford University
 Laureate, GUSI Peace Prize International
   Date: Samedi 28 juin 2014, 21h02
   Dear members,
   I will do my best to write you all from my cell
   phone at a forest campsite where I am tenting with my
   Lest I be unfair,  please accept my apologies
   for the following.
   First,  I apologize for suggesting that gha
   begin to operate in a manner consistent with standard
   academic rigor, similar to credible academic organizations
   and research institutions worldwide.  For details see my
   email to Lida in her generous attempt to meditate,  below .
   (Sorry,  I tried to copy and paste the main part, but could
   not do this on my cell phone.)
   Second  I humbly apologize for any personal
   criticism of Leo as a person,  for I still regard him as a
   friend and colleague in peace. He is our founder and surely
   deserves our respect. Further,  I apologize for suggesting
   that his actions might be immature and predictable.
   I appeal to Leo and everyone to speak up and
   take this issue seriously in an attempt to make gha
   successful and well respected in academic circles. My
   purpose in this dialogue had always been to improve gha,
   which I love.
   Yours in Peace,
   from Yahoo Mail on Android
                               Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com
                               Re: [gha-peace] Re : [gha]
   mediation between Leo and Bruce
                               Wed, Jun 25, 2014 1:23:50 PM
   Thank you
   again  for offering to mediate. I pray that you can
   accomplish this.
   (Please let
   me know
    you have received this message, as I am uncertain on your
   disagreement with Leo was simply that he should cease using
   personal attacks as a method to intimidate members. (His
   personal attack on me was a perfect example of this,
   although he has attacked many others.)
   the ensuring discussion, I would also like to see GHA adopt
    a provision that major decisions be handled formally by a
   selected group of members, not by one individual.
   Also, it
   would be desirable to have a code of conduct providing that
   email communications of all members avoid expressions of
   rage and avoid undermining the character
    of any member.
   I would be
   surprised if anyone in the membership would differ from
   these suggestions. They are, simply, standard operating
   procedure for credible organizations. I also ask,
   humbly, that Leo restore my former positions as GHA
   Vice-President and GHA-USA President. While he is certainly
   angry, all I have done is propose that the organization
   follow the peaceful provisions cited above. (Also, it's
   true that I have disagreed with his theory, but that should
   certainly be acceptable in an organization which approaches
   the truth with normal academic rigor.)
   Please let
   me know if you can suggest revisions which might make this
   more workable.
   Thank you
   again, I can't tell you how important this is to me, for
   I join the other members in wanting GHA to be a peaceful and
   effective force for peace and harmony.
        On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:58 AM, Lida
    Sherafatmand &lt;dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; wrote:
    Dear bruce
   That's fantastic! :-)
   Please write me from your point of view, what
   is it that you are disagreeing about with Leo...
   Then I will ask the same question also to Leo.
   Once I have the point of view of both of you, I be able to
   help hopefully...
   Thanks so
   much for your good will
   Lida Sherafatmand,
   Painter and
   Board Vice-president,
    GHA Female Contest: "Muse of Harmony"
   The ABC of Harmony coauthor
   Paris and Malta
   En date de : Mar 24.6.14, Bruce L Cook &lt;cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt; a
   écrit :
    Objet: [gha]
   mediation between Leo and Bruce
    À: gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Date: Mardi
   24 juin 2014, 15h03
    I thank you for
   your wonderful idea.
    It's my hope to
   do whatever I can to help
    heal the wounds.
    Please let me know what I can do.
    Sent using CloudMagic
    On Tue,
    Jun 24, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Lida Sherafatmand
    Dear Leo, Bruce, Martin, Saleem, Hedva,
   and all
    I think we all agree that GHA has come along a
   long way, and
    I think we all appreciate the
   hard work of Leo and the
    contribution all
   members including Bruce.
    One idea suggestion to resolve the Leo-Bruce
   blockage, is
    mediation between the two,
   since their personal
    communication seems
   not meet each's points. perhaps
   due to the different use of the English language.
    If Leo and
   Bruce both agree, I would like to offer to
   'mediate' between the two.
    If you agree to
    mediation, you can send me on this
   list your 'clashing disagreements' and I see
    if I can help both of you hear each other
   Having trained in conflict resolution, and having much
    appreciation for the work of GHA, it would be
   a pleasure for
    me to help resolve this
   conflictual situation between Leo
   Now it's up to you of course..
    I'm available for
   mediation help if you decide to give
    it a
   chance. However I still suggest allow a little time to
    pass for the emotion of anger to calm down.
    Sending you
    warmest greetings
    Lida Sherafatmand,
    Painter and poet,
    GHA Board Vice-president,
    President, GHA Female
   Contest: "Muse of Harmony"
   The ABC of Harmony coauthor
    Paris and
    En date de
   : Mar 24.6.14, Hedva Bachrach
     Objet: [gha] hedva
     À: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
     Date: Mardi 24 juin 2014,
        I'm usually an observer of GHa messages.
   Unfortunately, because
           of medical problems with
   family at
    home I am
    unable to
          more, which i'd like very much. But
   developments, I would like to comment.
          1. We are different people from different
     and a variety
           of cultures. This is our way of upbringing.
     there are
           differences of
   opinion, they should be treated
          each other and coming to a common decision,
    the way
           2. There must be codes of honor
   installed in
    the GHA.
     The GHA is a
          wonderful organization which tries to
     conflicts in the
   Therefore it must, first and foremost,
            conflicts rise in its own circle. This is
   must.  So I
    suggest to think about such codes of
           with regard to variety of
   opinions. The winning
     opinion should be
           taken by the
   majority, and also respectfully
          founder of this organization, but not by
    slander and
     hurting each
           other. Not in
   this kind of organization, if the
   behaves like
           this, who would behave above
   it??? in this
          3. There are many corrupt politics in this
    world, they
     do not
           belong to one
   state only. Every country has
    good and
     bad in
           So, we must concentrate on the good in
    and try
     to raise
           their moral
   codes, in every country.. The GHA
   expanding and it
           is good. But no country with bad
   politics is
     than the other.
          They all have their share in anti human
    behavior. So
     let us pay
    attention to change and elevating moral values,
     not only to
           Yours, With respect
           Dr. Hedva Rabinson Bachrach
 [1]  https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=