[gha] New list for all of us?

  • From: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Glen T Martin <gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "gha@freelists org" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 13:08:40 -0500

Dear gha members,

On the basis of Leo's continuing refusal to address problems of academic
credibility and civility in gha,  and his demand to control the mailing
list his brother Ivan started,  I suggest this...

(In any event,  I suspect that Leo's brother will leave your address on hjs
new list unless you might be critical of Leo.)

Please let me know,  individually,  whether to...

1. Delete your address from the main gha list I originally created.

2. Delete your name from a new list being compiled  as the basis for a
new,  credible,  association for peace. (Name and leadership -  preferably
a woman  - not determined yet.)

Incidentally,  I am still eager to help Leo by editing his book,  but (as
indicated earlier),  this offer is conditional on his resignation as leader
of gha.

I truly regret this.  I had hoped that Leo would have been willing to
address the important questions he is avoiding.  I still like and respect
Leo the way I remember him  before his change in disposition a few months

Yours in peace,

On Jun 29, 2014 3:05 PM, "Martin, Glen T" <gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Dear Maria,

   Why not just let GHA be, but start a new list for those of us who are
not willing to have a leader who disrespects and abuses anyone who
disagrees with him?  Some will be on both lists but perhaps many will be on
just the non-abuse list.  Bruce suggests that the new group have a woman
President.  How about you?  I think you would be a great President for a
global peace group.

    Warmest wishes,

*Dr. Glen T. Martin*

President, World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA)

President, Institute on World Problems (IOWP) www.worldproblems.net

Professor, Philosophy and Peace Studies, Radford University

Laureate, GUSI Peace Prize International

  Date: Samedi 28 juin 2014, 21h02

  Dear members,

  I will do my best to write you all from my cell
  phone at a forest campsite where I am tenting with my
  Lest I be unfair,  please accept my apologies
  for the following.
  First,  I apologize for suggesting that gha
  begin to operate in a manner consistent with standard
  academic rigor, similar to credible academic organizations
  and research institutions worldwide.  For details see my
  email to Lida in her generous attempt to meditate,  below .
  (Sorry,  I tried to copy and paste the main part, but could
  not do this on my cell phone.)
  Second  I humbly apologize for any personal
  criticism of Leo as a person,  for I still regard him as a
  friend and colleague in peace. He is our founder and surely
  deserves our respect. Further,  I apologize for suggesting
  that his actions might be immature and predictable.
  I appeal to Leo and everyone to speak up and
  take this issue seriously in an attempt to make gha
  successful and well respected in academic circles. My
  purpose in this dialogue had always been to improve gha,
  which I love.
  Yours in Peace,

  from Yahoo Mail on Android

                              Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com

                              Re: [gha-peace] Re : [gha]
  mediation between Leo and Bruce

                              Wed, Jun 25, 2014 1:23:50 PM

  Thank you
  again  for offering to mediate. I pray that you can
  accomplish this.
  (Please let
  me know
   you have received this message, as I am uncertain on your
  disagreement with Leo was simply that he should cease using
  personal attacks as a method to intimidate members. (His
  personal attack on me was a perfect example of this,
  although he has attacked many others.)
  the ensuring discussion, I would also like to see GHA adopt
   a provision that major decisions be handled formally by a
  selected group of members, not by one individual.
  Also, it
  would be desirable to have a code of conduct providing that
  email communications of all members avoid expressions of
  rage and avoid undermining the character
   of any member.
  I would be
  surprised if anyone in the membership would differ from
  these suggestions. They are, simply, standard operating
  procedure for credible organizations. I also ask,
  humbly, that Leo restore my former positions as GHA
  Vice-President and GHA-USA President. While he is certainly
  angry, all I have done is propose that the organization
  follow the peaceful provisions cited above. (Also, it's
  true that I have disagreed with his theory, but that should
  certainly be acceptable in an organization which approaches
  the truth with normal academic rigor.)
  Please let
  me know if you can suggest revisions which might make this
  more workable.
  Thank you
  again, I can't tell you how important this is to me, for
  I join the other members in wanting GHA to be a peaceful and
  effective force for peace and harmony.

       On Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:58 AM, Lida
   Sherafatmand <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

   Dear bruce

  That's fantastic! :-)
  Please write me from your point of view, what
  is it that you are disagreeing about with Leo...
  Then I will ask the same question also to Leo.
  Once I have the point of view of both of you, I be able to
  help hopefully...

  Thanks so
  much for your good will

  Lida Sherafatmand,

  Painter and
  Board Vice-president,
   GHA Female Contest: "Muse of Harmony"
  The ABC of Harmony coauthor
  Paris and Malta

  En date de : Mar 24.6.14, Bruce L Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a
  écrit :

   Objet: [gha]
  mediation between Leo and Bruce
   À: gha-peace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
   Date: Mardi
  24 juin 2014, 15h03

   I thank you for
  your wonderful idea.
   It's my hope to
  do whatever I can to help
   heal the wounds.

   Please let me know what I can do.

   Sent using CloudMagic

   On Tue,
   Jun 24, 2014 at 3:48 AM, Lida Sherafatmand

   Dear Leo, Bruce, Martin, Saleem, Hedva,
  and all

   I think we all agree that GHA has come along a
  long way, and
   I think we all appreciate the
  hard work of Leo and the
   contribution all
  members including Bruce.

   One idea suggestion to resolve the Leo-Bruce
  blockage, is
   mediation between the two,
  since their personal
   communication seems
  not meet each's points. perhaps
  due to the different use of the English language.

   If Leo and
  Bruce both agree, I would like to offer to

  'mediate' between the two.

   If you agree to
   mediation, you can send me on this
  list your 'clashing disagreements' and I see
   if I can help both of you hear each other

  Having trained in conflict resolution, and having much
   appreciation for the work of GHA, it would be
  a pleasure for
   me to help resolve this
  conflictual situation between Leo

  Now it's up to you of course..

   I'm available for
  mediation help if you decide to give
   it a
  chance. However I still suggest allow a little time to
   pass for the emotion of anger to calm down.

   Sending you
   warmest greetings

   Lida Sherafatmand,

   Painter and poet,

   GHA Board Vice-president,

   President, GHA Female
  Contest: "Muse of Harmony"

  The ABC of Harmony coauthor

   Paris and

   En date de
  : Mar 24.6.14, Hedva Bachrach
  a écrit :

    Objet: [gha] hedva

    À: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    Date: Mardi 24 juin 2014,

       I'm usually an observer of GHa messages.

  Unfortunately, because

          of medical problems with
  family at
   home I am
   unable to

         more, which i'd like very much. But

  developments, I would like to comment.

         1. We are different people from different

    and a variety

          of cultures. This is our way of upbringing.

    there are

          differences of
  opinion, they should be treated

         each other and coming to a common decision,
   the way

          2. There must be codes of honor
  installed in
   the GHA.

    The GHA is a

         wonderful organization which tries to

    conflicts in the

  Therefore it must, first and foremost,

           conflicts rise in its own circle. This is

  must.  So I

   suggest to think about such codes of

          with regard to variety of
  opinions. The winning

    opinion should be

          taken by the
  majority, and also respectfully

         founder of this organization, but not by
   slander and

    hurting each

          other. Not in
  this kind of organization, if the

  behaves like

          this, who would behave above
  it??? in this

         3. There are many corrupt politics in this
   world, they

    do not

          belong to one
  state only. Every country has
   good and

    bad in

          So, we must concentrate on the good in
   and try

    to raise

          their moral
  codes, in every country.. The GHA

  expanding and it

          is good. But no country with bad
  politics is

    than the other.

         They all have their share in anti human
   behavior. So

    let us pay

   attention to change and elevating moral values,

    not only to

          Yours, With respect

          Dr. Hedva Rabinson Bachrach

[1] https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=