[gha] New York Community celebrates International Day of Peace

  • From: Kurt Johnson <kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx" <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>, "cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx" <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 10:39:24 -0700 (PDT)

Our 3-day Celebration of International Day of Peace in New York City--

The Contemplative Alliance and Global Peace Initiative of Women, joined St.
Bart's historical church on Park Ave. and the Shinyo-en Buddhist Center for a
three day celebration of the UN's International Day of Peace.

Dr. Kurt Johnson, GHA-USA Vice-President and a Director of CIHE moderated a
program on "Integrating Spiritual Practice for Greater Interfaith Unity"  at
the New York City Shin-yo En Buddhist Center.

After discussions further seeded by Shubhraji (from India), Traleg Khadro (from
Australia), Justin Von Bujdoss, Director of NYC's Tsurphu Goshir Dharma Center,
Fr. Michael Holleran, Priest of the Diocese of New York and himself also a Zen
Sensai, and the Distinguished Rev. James Forbes of Riverside Church, over 100
clerics and persons joined the St. Bart's congregations for a "blessing of the
lanterns" ceremony.

Over 100 lanterns will be floated Sunday evening by some 20 interfaith leaders
of New York City from the Trump Rink in Central Park.  We hope the rink stadium
will be full!

So, this has been our celebration here.  Love to all at GHA.  Thanks for all
your recent new news!

Dr. Kurt Johnson
GHA-USA Vice President
and a Director, CIHE