[gha] Re: Jews in Iran....good friends since hundreds years

  • From: "Prof. Ernesto Kahan" <ekahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 09:49:48 +0300

Mrs Kae Morii

You want opinion about Jews, this article is for you, but I am afraid that you
will not read it without prejudices because I know why you have since about 3
years an obsessive compulsive attitude concerning that

Pilar Rahola

“Jews with six arms

Meeting in Barcelona with a hundred lawyers a month ago. They have come
together to hear my opinions on the Middle-Eastern conflict. They know I am a
heterodoxal vessel, in the shipwreck of “single thinking”, regarding Israel,
which rules in my country. They want to listen to me, because they ask
themselves why, if Pilar is a serious journalist, does she risk losing her
credibility by defending the bad guys, the guilty? I answer provocatively – You
all believe that you are experts in international politics, when you talk about
Israel, but you really know nothing. Would you dare talk about the conflict in
Ruanda? In Chechnya? – No. They are jurists, their turf is not geopolitics..
But against Israel, they dare, as does everybody. Why? Because Israel is under
the permanent media magnifying glass and its distorted image pollutes the
world’s brains. And, because it is part of what is politically correct, it
seems solidary, because talking against Israel is free. And so, cultured people
when they read about Israel, are ready to believe that Jews have six arms, in
the same way that during the Middle Ages people believed all sorts of
outrageous things.

The first question, then, is why so many intelligent people, when talking about
Israel, suddenly become idiots. The problem that those of us who do not
demonize Israel, have, is that there exists no debate on the conflict. All that
exists is the banner; there’s no exchange of ideas, we throw slogans at each
other; we don’t have serious information, we suffer from the “burger
journalism”, fast food, full of prejudices, propaganda and simplicity.
Intellectual thinkers and International journalists have resigned in Israel.
They don’t exist. That is why, when someone tries to go beyond “single
thinking”, he becomes a suspect and unsolidary, and is immediately segregated.

I’ve been trying to answer this question for years: why? Why, of all the
World’s conflicts, only this one interests them? Why a tiny country which
struggles to survive is criminalized? Why does the manipulated information
triumph so easily? Why are all the people of Israel, reduced to a simple mass
of murderous imperialists? Why is there no Palestinian guilt? Why is Arafat a
hero and Sharon a monster? Finally, why when it is the only country in the
World which is threatened with destruction, it is the only one that nobody
considers a victim?

I don’t believe that there is a single answer to these questions. Just as it is
impossible to completely explain the historical evil of anti-Semitism, it is
also not possible to totally explain the present-day imbecility of
anti-Israelism. Both drink from the fountain of intolerance and lie. If, also,
we accept that anti-Israelism is the new form of anti-Semitism, we conclude
that contingencies may have changed, but the deepest myths, both of the
Medieval Christian anti-Semitism and of the modern political anti-Semitism, are
still intact. Those myths are part of the chronicle of Israel. For example, the
Medieval Jew who killed Christian children to drink their blood, connects
directly with the Israeli Jew who kills Palestinian children to steal their
land. Always they are innocent children and dark Jews. Similarly, the Jewish
bankers who wanted to dominate the world through the European banks, according
to the myth of the Protocols, connect directly with the idea that the Wall
Street Jews want to dominate the World through the White House. Control of the
Press, control of Finances, the Universal Conspiracy, all that which created
the historical hatred against the Jews, is found today in hatred of the
Israelis. In the subconscious, then, beats the western anti-Semite DNA, which
produces an efficient culture medium. But, what beats in the conscious? Why,
today a renewed intolerance surges with such virulence, centered now, not
against the Jewish people, but against the Jewish state? From my point of view,
this has historical and geopolitical motives, among others, the bloody Soviet
role during decades, the European Anti Americanism, the West’s energy
dependency and the growing Islamic phenomenon.

But it also emerges from a set of defeats which we suffer as free societies,
leading to a strong ethical relativism.

The moral defeat of the left. For decades, the left raised the flag of freedom,
wherever there was injustice. It was the depositary of the utopic hopes of
society. It was the great builder of future. Despite the murderous evil of
Stalinism’s sinking the utopias, the left has preserved intact its aura of
struggle, and still pretends to point out the good and the evil in the world.
Even those who would never vote for leftist options, grant great prestige to
leftist intellectuals, and allow them to be the ones who monopolize the concept
of solidarity. As they have always done. Thus, those who struggled against
Pinochet were freedom-fighters, but Castro’s victims, are expelled from the
heroes’ paradise, and converted into undercover fascists.

This historic treason to freedom, is reproduced nowadays, with mathematical
precision. For example, the leaders of Hezbollah are considered resistance
heroes, while pacifists like Noa, the singer, are insulted in the streets of
Barcelona. Today too, as yesterday, that left is hawking totalitarian
ideologies, falls in love with dictators and, in its offensive against Israel,
ignores the destruction of fundamental rights. It hates rabbis, but falls in
love with imams; shouts against the Tsahal, but applauds Hamas’ terrorists;
weeps for the Palestinian victims, but scorns the Jewish victims, and when it
is touched by Palestinian children, it does it only if it can blame the
Israelis. It will never denounce the culture of hatred, or its preparation for
murder. A year ago, at AIPAC’s conference in Washington, I asked the following
questions: Why don’t we see demonstrations in Europe against the Islamic
dictatorships? Why are there no demonstrations against the enslavement of
millions of muslim women? Why don’t they declare against the use of
bomb-carrying children in the conflicts in which Islam is involved? Why is the
left only obsessed with fighting against two of the most solid democracies of
the planet, those which have suffered the bloodiest terrorist attacks, the
United States and Israel? … Because the left no longer has any ideas, only
slogans. It no longer defends rights, but prejudices. And the greatest
prejudice of all, is the one it has against Israel. I accuse, then, in a formal
manner: the main responsibility of the new antisemite hatred, disguised as
anti-zionism, comes from those who should have to defend freedom, solidarity
and progress. Far from it, they defend despots, forget their victims and remain
silent before medieval ideologies which aim at the destruction of free
societies. The treason of the left is an authentic treason against modernity.

Defeat of Journalism. We have, a more informed world than ever before, but we
do not have a better informed world. Quite the contrary, the information
superhighway connects us with anywhere in the planet, but it does not connect
us with the truth. Today’s journalists do not need maps, since they have Google
Earth, they do not need to know History, since they have Wikipedia. The
historical journalists who knew the roots of a conflict, still exist, but they
are an endangered species, devoured by that hamburger journalism which offers
fast-food news, to readers who want fast-food information. Israel is the
world’s most watched place, but despite that, it is the world’s least
understood place. Of course, one must keep in mind the pressure of the great
petrodollar lobbies, whose influence upon journalism is subtle but deep. Any
mass media knows that if it speaks against Israel, it will have no problems.
But what would happen if it criticized an Islamic country? Without doubt, it
would complicate its existence. Certainly part of the Press that writes against
Israel, would see themselves mirrored in Mark Twain’s ironical sentence: ” Get
your facts first, then you can distort them as you please”.

Defeat of critical thinking. To all this, one must add the ethical relativism
which defines the present times: it is based not on denying the values of
civilization, but rather in their most extreme banalization. What is modernity?
Personally, I explain it with this little tale: If I were to be lost in an
uncharted island, and would want to found a democratic society, I would only
need three written documents: The Ten Commandments (which established the first
code of modernity. “Thou shalt not murder“, founded modern civilization.); The
Roman Penal Code; and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. And with these
three texts we would start again. These principles, are relativized daily, even
by those who claim to be defending them. “Thou shalt not murder” … depending
who is the target…, must think those who, like the demonstrators in Europe,
shouted in favor of Hamas. “Hurray for Freedom of Speech!”….. , or not. For
example, several Spanish left-wing organizations tried to take me to court,
accusing me of being a negationist, like a Nazi, because I deny the
“Palestinian Holocaust”. They were pretending to prohibit me from writing
articles and to send me to prison. And so on… The social critical mass has lost
weight and, at the same time, ideological dogmatism has gained weight. In this
double turn of events, the strong values of modernity have been substituted by
a “weak thinking”, vulnerable to manipulation and manicheism.

Defeat of the United Nations. And with it, a sound defeat of the international
organizations which should look after Human Rights. Instead they have become
broken puppets in the hands of despots. The United Nations is only useful so
that Islamofascists like Ahmadineyad, or dangerous demagogues like Hugo Chavez
have a planetary loudspeaker where they can spit their hatred. And, of course,
to systematically attack Israel. The UN, too lives better against Israel.

Finally, defeat of Islam. The Islam of tolerance and culture suffers today the
violent attack of a totalitarian virus which tries to stop its ethical
development. This virus uses the name of God to perpetrate the most terrible
horrors: lapidate women, enslave them, use youths as human bombs. Let’s not
forget : They kill us with cellular phones connected to the Middle Ages. If
Stalinism destroyed the left, and Nazism destroyed Europe, Islamic
fundamentalism is destroying Islam. And it also has, an antisemite DNA. Perhaps
Islamic anti-Semitism is the most serious intolerant phenomenon of our times,
indeed , it contaminates more than 1,400 million people, who are educated,
massively, in hatred towards the Jew.

In the crossroads of these defeats, is Israel. Orphan of a reasonable left,
orphan of serious journalism, orphan of a decent UN, and orphan of a tolerant
Islam, Israel suffers the paradigm of the 21st Century: the lack of a solid
commitment with the values of liberty. Nothing seems strange. Jewish culture
represents, as no other does, the metaphor of a concept of civilization which
suffers today attacks on all flanks. You are the thermometer of the world’s
health. Whenever the World has had totalitarian fever, you have suffered. In
the Spanish Middle Ages, in Christian persecutions, in Russian pogroms, in
European Fascism, in Islamic fundamentalism. Always, the first enemy of
totalitarianism has been the Jew. And, in these times of energy dependency and
social uncertainty, Israel embodies, in its own flesh, the eternal Jew.

A pariah nation among nations, for a pariah people among peoples. That is why
the anti-Semitism of the 21st Century has dressed itself with the efficient
disguise of anti-Israelism, or its synonym, anti-Zionism. All criticism against
Israel is antisemitism? NO. But all present-day antisemitism has turned into
prejudice and the demonization of the Jewish State. New clothes for an old

Benjamin Franklin said: “ Where liberty is, there is my country.” And Albert
Einstein added: “The World is a dangerous place. Not because of the people who
are evil; but because of the people who don’t do anything about it”. This is
the double commitment, here and now; never remain inactive in front of evil in
action and defend the countries of liberty.”