[gha] Re: Invitation to Global Peace Science Imagination - First Bird for GPS Book + Some rules for the articles in Global Peace Science book for your approval up to October 3

  • From: "Martin, Glen T" <gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Subhash Chandra <schandra101@xxxxxxxxx>, AK Merchant <ak9merchant@xxxxxxxxx>, MATJAŽ MULEJ <mulej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 19:46:09 +0000

Dear Leo and Colleagues,

These rules seem fine, in general.   I would question, however, the wording of
numbers five and six.  Unlike the other 8 rules which appear to me as flexible
guidelines for authors, five and six appear to me to be requiring that authors
link their submissions to one of the four spheres of Socionomie.  For one
thing, authors might be operating under a somewhat different theoretical model
(although still consistent with GPS in general) and therefore not wish to use
this particular model.  For another thing, authors may see the vision they want
to impart as bridging or interrelating one or more of these four spheres.  Any
particular set of data relevant to peace might well be divided into a different
categorical schemata.

I would suggest, therefore, that numbers five and six be worded in the form of
a suggested guideline that authors follow this, not as a requirement.

This modification would also make it easier, I think, to have works of art as
part of the book.  Works of art are symbolically open-ended and could not
readily be subsumed under any such categories.  This is true both of the visual
arts and poetry.   Global Peace Science should embrace this symbolic diversity,
and not try to force it into schema not compatible with the open-ended nature
of the creative arts.

Leo, I deeply appreciate your initiative in this book and other projects you
are spearheading.  Thanks for your hard work and commitment to peace.

I hope my suggestions are useful.

Warmest wishes to all,

Glen Martin

Dr. Glen T. Martin

President, World Constitution and Parliament Assoc.
(www.wcpa.biz<http://www.wcpa.biz/>,
www.worldparliament-gov.org<http://www.worldparliament-gov.org>)
President, Institute on World Problems
(www.worldproblems.net<http://www.worldproblems.net/>)
Professor of Philosophy, Radford University
(www.radford.edu/gmartin<http://www.radford.edu/gmartin>)

From: MATJAŽ MULEJ <mulej@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:mulej@xxxxxxxxx>>
To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>"
<gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>;