[gha] Interspirituality/ Eco-Spirituality New York City meetings for World Interfaith Harmony Week

  • From: Kurt Johnson <kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2014 14:17:19 -0800 (PST)

Hello GHA Colleagues:

Below is what the Interspiritual community will be doing in New York City as
part of World Interfaith Harmony Week.  This follows on the momentum from our
Dawn of Interspirituality Conference in Oct. 2013 (see photos at
http://www.satyana-conferences.org/photos-from-dawn-of-interspirituality-conference-2/)

and, will be followed with another conference in Scottsdale AZ, March 7-9, 2014
(www.bigiconference.org) where we will initiate a pilot group of
"Eco-Ministers", beginning with various clergypersons who are also credentialed
in the sciences (see attached).

Input is welcome and keep us in your prayers.  GHA is one of the global groups
doing so much for these causes.

BEST wishes
Dr. Kurt Johnson
www.thecominginterspiritualage.com
www.isdna.org
A VP of GHA-USA

and a Director, CIHE

COMPLETED
SCHEDULES and NEW DETAILS
 for
Febr. 3-8th in New York City

NEW:

·        SEE ATTACHMENTS re:
BACKGROUND MATERIALS
·        Note that the Committee
for the International Interspiritual Association will join us on Weds., and
also, the Organizer for the Scottsdale
March 7-9 Conference will also join us on Weds.
·        Note the new discussion
(and Attachment) about possibility of a Film.
·        Note below new detailed
Agendas for certain days which have been provided by chairpersons
·        Note that Persons
invited for various Forum 21 meetings (4th, 6th, 7th)
have received separate materials from Forum 21

These
events have been registered with World Interfaith Harmony Week

These
sessions are designed so you can attend the ones relevant to your passion/
participation and skip the others.  We’ll
move the whole thing forward en masse!

DAY TO DAY

Monday
Febr. 3rd—

Location--  One Spirit Seminary (247 W. 36th St. 6th Floor, btw. 7th and 8th
Ave.) rear large conference area.

We’ll work in appropriate “Breaks” and
Refreshments

12:30
PM:   Interspirituality Session 1— gather

12:45 PM- 2:00 PM:   “The International
Interspiritual Association, Part 1”--- in preparation for our planning and
directions session Weds
which will be hosted by the Committee from the Dawn of Interspirituality Conf.
 DESC:  since the “Committee” from Dawn of
Interspirituality will join us on WEDS. this session is about getting
acquainted, understanding the mandate for the international Association for
Interspirituality coming out of the Dawn of Interspirituality Conference and
review and discussion of of Mission/ Vision materials generated from that
conference and to date.

2:00 PM- 3:15 PM:  [1] “Creating a
Snowmass-like Interspiritual Dialogue Group for the NE US, Part 1”—What
people would like to see that would serve their and their groups’ needs.  DESC.
Understanding the mandate for creating a regularly meeting Snowmass
Dialogue-like group in the NE Region.

[2] Preliminary Introduction/Discussion
about the possibility of a Film. DESC.  Review of Attachment and Discussion

3:15 PM to 4:00 PM:   “Further Mandates
for the Week, Part 1”—(1) Moving the Interspiritual Multiplex
website to a new platform and
URL serving the emerging movement (the Multiplex is currently in an old format
that will be abandoned by most webhosts sometime soon).  Kurt has already paid
for this process;(2) rethinking the role of The Community of The Mystic Heart
(this association of some 350 persons promulgating the
vision of Wayne Teasdale).  Have all
members also become part of the emerging “Association”? etc. etc.(3) NEW
BUSINESS from the floor—OPEN SESSION.

4:00   Eco-Spirituality/ Eco-Ministry Session 1—
gather

4:15 to 6:00 PM  “The New Directions
for Eco-spirituality and Eco-Ministry”--  In preparation of our Weds. session
with Scottsdale organizer Rev. Tim Miner, and Scottsdale
panelists and participants Ken Kitatani, Mac Legerton, and Kurt Johnson--
Understanding and discussing the mandate and direction for these new directions
through OUnI (www.ouni.org)
and to be continued at The Big I Conference in ScottsdaleAZ,
March 7-9.   DESC:  Review and
catch-up re: the idea and vision; reviews of the founding “Eco-Ministers”
group”, setting ourselves up and preparing for a heavy lifting day about all
this on Wednesday.

6:30  IMPORTANT Optional DINNER

(Location:  at Chef Yu on corner of 8th Ave.
and 36th St. near One Spirit) to meet, among others, Mac Legerton
and Denise Tangney of the Henri Nouwen Guild for Spiritual Guidance (his plane
arrives at 4 PM); other Guild members who may be in town Monday.  Meet also
Doug King of Presence International
and other members of new and old constituencies in our network-- Ken Kitatani,
Rick Clugston, Angela Manno, Diane Berke etc. etc.  We’ll see who shows up!!!!

.

Tuesday
Febr. 4th—

RESERVED
for UN NGO Forum 21 Institute Invitees

If you are
curious about the invitation procedure email kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx

1pm-5pm:UN NGO Forum 21 Institute meetings with UN NGO's [so far seven or
more from our group have been invited re: these sessions—NOT based on exclusion
but on prior or planned activity of and by Forum 21]

Location:  SukyoCenter (124 E. 31st. St., btw. Park and Lexington
)

Weds.
Febr. 5th—

This is
the “heavy lifting day” for these sessions” and, in early evening, our meeting
with Dena Merriam of the Contemplative Alliance

Location--  One Spirit (247 W. 36th St. 6th Floor, btw. 7th and 8th Ave.) rear
large conference area.

We’ll work in appropriate “Breaks”--  and Refreshments

12:00 PM-
[to 2PM]:   Interspirituality Session 2—
gather

From Dawn
of Interspirituality Association Committee
Ed
Bastian, Chairperson
Diane
Berke, Kurt Johnson, Committee Members

Agenda,
Wednesday, 12:15 - 2:00 EST
at One Spirit Interfaith, NYC
From Ed
Bastian

1.      12:15
pm: Silence
few-minutes for silent meditation/contemplation and intention setting.

2.      12:20
pm: The Process
brief discussion to affirm consensus on our process for considering and
creating an Association.  Setting goals
for this meeting.  (Who will write the
minutes?)

3.      12:25
pm: The Vision Statement
A.
Review the Vision Statement that was crafted at the CascadiaCenter
during the Dawn of Interspirituality Conference.
B. Offer and discuss possible changes to the Vision Statement.
C.
Reach consensus on the draft Vision Statement

4.      12:35
pm: The Mission Statement
A.     Review
the draft points for the Mission Statement
B.     Offer
and discuss possible changes to draft points for the Mission Statement
C.    Reach
consensus on the draft points for the Mission Statement
D.    Determine
who will complete a written draft that includes these points.

5.      12:50
pm: Possible Programs and Projects
A.     Discuss
possible programs and projects that will fulfill the Vision and Mission
B.     These
might include:
(1)   Another
international conference
(2)   Media
(a)   Newsletter
(b)   Facebook
(c)   Website
(d)   Collaborations
with other media publications.

(3)   Snowmass-like
group in New York
C.    Reach
consensus on 2014 priorities of programs and projects
D.    Form
committees for each program or project.

6.      1:20
pm: Organizational Logistics
A.     Creation
of a formal organization structure
(1)   Informal,
new legal entity, or nested within another 501(c)(3) organization?
(2)   Governance
B.     Funding
(1)   Seeking
funding for projects, programs, administration, etc.

7.      1:40
pm Next Steps in the Process
A.     Timelines
and Goals
B.     Distribute
minutes via email and Interspirituality.com blog site.
C.    Next
meeting (in-person and online)

Draft
Vision and Mission Statements
The
following statements were drafted by a group of fifteen to twenty volunteers at
the Dawn of Interspirituality Conference at the CascadiaCenter
between October 1 - 4, 2013.  Our purpose
was to begin discussing and envisioning a possible Interspiritual
Association.  There was general consensus
around the prose for the Vision Statement and the points for the Mission
Statement.
VISION
The Interspiritual
Association brings together and supports individuals and organizations that are
deeply committed to the transformative process.  We provide opportunities
to develop and deepen relationships, friendships and collaborations that further
the Interspiritual vision of a world of compassion, peace and celebration of
unity and diversity among all peoples of the world.

MISSION

§                     Provide a resource for collaboration, coordination,
community and
conversation.
§                     Networking resource.
§                     Facilitate communication through such web resources as the
InterSpirituality.com blog.
§                     Create community for those without spiritual community.
§                     Expand the conversation to diverse populations.
§                     Provide mutual support for individuals and organization
on the
transformative journey.

2:15 PM- 2:50 PM:  Continuing re:  “Snowmass-like Group for the NE US?, Part
2”— Further discussing directions/plansfor creating a regularly meeting
Snowmass Dialogue-like group in the NE Region
(ideas, discussion re: how to achieve this vision; structure; governance etc.)

2:50 to 3:20:   Short Reviews re:
(and looking toward Saturday) “Further Mandates for the Week, Part 2”—  (1)
More discussion about the possibilities
of a film.  (2) More and final advices
re: moving the Interspiritual Multiplex website to a new platform and URL
serving the emerging movement (the Multiplex is currently in an old format that
will be abandoned by most webhosts sometime soon).  Kurt has already paid for
this process; (3)
more and final advices rethinking the role of The Community of The Mystic Heart
(this association of some 350 persons promulgating the vision of Wayne
Teasdale).  Have all members also become
part of the emerging “Association”? etc. etc. (4) more on NEW BUSINESS from the
floor from Monday—OPEN SESSION.

3:30  Eco-Spirituality/ Eco-Ministry Session 2—
gather

Rev. Tim
Miner (representing the organizers of the Scottsdale
March 7-9 Eco-Ministry Session which is part of the Big I Conference
www.bigiconference.org)
will be present, along with Scottsdale
panelists/participants Mac Legerton, Ken Kitatani, Kurt Johnson

3:30 to 5:15 PM  “The New Directions
for Eco-spirituality and Eco-Ministry Part2”--  Planning and direction re: the
new plans
through OUnI (www.ouni.org)
which are to be continued at The Big I Conference in Scottsdale AZ, March
7-9.   Ideas, directions and discussion
re: idea and vision and re: the role, work of  the founding “Eco-Ministers”
group”.

Suggested
Agenda Items:

        * Summarzing (esp. from Monday) Overall Background and Reporting on the
Monday Discussions
        * Planning with Rev. Tim Miner how the Scottsdale Session will be
structured and (1) what it’s contents will contain; (2) what it’s goals will
be; (3) ordination of the founding core group of Eco-Ministers
        * Assuming a goal coming out of Scottsdale will be some concensus,
direction, and plan re: the range and design of possible eco-ministry and
eco-chaplaincy activities and programs, then discussing (1) kinds of ministry
and chaplaincy, (2) the “credentialing” process for creating Eco-Minsters and
Eco-Chaplains for these ministries
        * Discussing how to reach out to broader constituencies and the
traditional denominations to effectuate our vision across these new
constituencies and opportunities.
        * Planning discussion and action items that can be completed in our
Saturday discussion.

5:15 Leave
Westside to Gather on Eastside

arrive
around 6 PM (to 8 PM) for Meeting with Dena Merriam, Convener of the
Contemplative Alliance

Location:--  Dena Merriam’s residence:
100 UN Plaza (1st Ave
& 48th Street)
Ask for apt. number when
you sign in at front desk

Thursday, Thurs Feb 6th—

RESERVED for UN NGO Forum
21 Institute, Presence International Invitees

If you are curious about
the invitation procedure email kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx

RESERVED for
pre-arranged breakout groups and smaller sessions re: Forum 21 Institute

10am-12noon:  invitees
Location:   Sukyo center

1pm forward:  invitees
Location:   Sukyo
center

Friday Feb 7th—

RESERVED for UN Forum 21
Institute/Presence International Invitees

If you are curious about
the invitation procedure email kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx

RESERVED for pre-arranged breakout groups and smaller sessions re:
Presence International and Forum 21

9am-12noon:  invitees
Location:  Probably Sukyo center

Afternoon:  various private meetings and others to be
announced or planned through the Forum 21 proceedings.

Saturday
Febr. 8th—

This will
be “wrap-up” and “directions for achieving the goals” day for these sessions

Location--  Reciprocity Foundationlocated at:
255 West 36th Street, New York, NY (next door to One Spirit Seminary), 12th
Floor, Suite 1204.  telephone (646) 692-4000

NOTE:  Some people need to leave for airport by 3 PM
this day

We will provide breaks;
refreshments

12:00
PM:   Eco-spirituality, Eco-Ministry
Final Session—gather

Rev. Tim
Miner, Organizer of Scottsdale Big I Conference will be Present, along with
panelist participants Mac Legerton, Ken Kitatani, Kurt Johnson

12:15
to 2:00 PM   Our wrap up session moving in from, and
continuing from Weds. afternoon.

Suggested
Agenda Items:

·        To be generated and
brought from our Weds. session

DESC:  Wrapping up, and designation action steps,
re: the direction for these activities through OUnI (www.ouni.org)
and to be continued at The Big I Conference in ScottsdaleAZ,
March 7-9.   Wrap up and action steps re:
the idea and vision; f the founding “Eco-Ministers” group”, and the further
work anticipated at Scottsdale.

2:00 PM
on
(some will
need to leave at 3 PM)
Interspirituality
Final Session — gather

2:00 PM- 3:00 PM:   “The Association,
Part 3”---Wrapping up and discussing, finalizing,
action points going forward to achieve the goals re: the international
Association for Interspirituality coming out of the Dawn of Interspirituality
Conference (wrap up and ongoing action steps).

[Some now have to leave for
airport]

3:00 PM- 4:00 PM:   Creating a
Snowmass-like Group for the NE US?, Part 3”--Wrapping up and
discussing, finalizing, action points going forward for creating a regularly
meeting Snowmass Dialogue-like group in the NE Region (wrap up and ongoing
action steps).

4:00 PM to 5:00 PM:   Wrap up re:  “Further Mandates for the Week, Part 3”—(1)
Wrap up about discussions about a possible film;  (2) final advices, action
steps re: moving
the Interspiritual Multiplex website to a new platform and URL serving the
emerging movement (the Multiplex is currently in an old format that will be
abandoned by most webhosts sometime soon).  Kurt has already paid for this
process; (3) final advice, action steps
re: rethinking the role of The Community of The Mystic Heart (this association
of some 350 persons promulgating the vision of Wayne Teasdale).  Have all
members also become part of the
emerging “Association”? etc. etc.)  (4)
(2) wrap up and actions steps re: NEW BUSINESS from the floor and OPEN SESSIONS
during the week;

Background Procedural
Notes

n      Discussion of the emerging  “international interspiritual Association”
& the regular Snowmass-like NE regional group follows on a mandate from the
Dawn of Interspirituality Conf. in October (committee for new “Association” is
from Dawn of….. is Kurt Johnson, Diane Berke and Ed Bastian).
http://www.satyana-conferences.org/photos-from-dawn-of-interspirituality-conference-2/

n      Discussion of emerging Eco-Spirituality,
Eco-Ministry follows on a mandate to be followed up on by key members of this
group at the Big I Conference (Interfaith, Interspiritual, Integral,
Independent) in ScottsdaleAZ March 7-9.  bigiconference.org
n      UN NGO Forum 21 and Presence
International meetings are synergized with these because of the mutual
involvement of many of us.
n      “Between” and “down-times” will be for
smaller informal gatherings, lunches, dinners among those in NYC that week

Additional
website info:

Dawn of Interspirituality
Conference: