[gha] Re: HAPPY NEW YEAR

  • From: Subhash Chandra <schandra101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2015 10:29:23 +0530

Dear Sir/Madam

*Call for Proposal Submission*: *Research on Promoting Global Peace and
Civic Engagement through Education *

You are cordially invited for contribution for "A *Handbook of Research on
Promoting Global Peace and Civic Engagement through Education” in
association with IGI Global Publication, USA*. visit www.igi-global.com

*Proposal Submission Deadline: January15, 2015*

*Handbook of Research on Promoting Global Peace and Civic Engagement
through Education *

A handbook of Research

Edited by

Dr.Kshama Pandey, Prof.Pratibha Upadhyay, Dr.Amit Jaiswal

*Introduction*

Peace is especially important in present conflicting world. If we look
around us, we witness a number of nations who are at war with each other.
Peace is important because we need a better world for us as well as our
next generations. Peace Education creates the holistic knowledge and skills
necessary to nurture the development of the full spectrum of the peace
builder–inner and outer, personal and professional. Pedagogical aspect of
peace education is essential to bring into practice. From pedagogy to
practice it may introduce skills and concepts that help to illuminate what
it means and how to live with peace and in right relationship with our
selves, others, diverse communities, and the bigger living systems of which
we are all a part.

This book will address that Peace education is comprehensive and holistic
process. It includes teaching and learning for and about human rights,
non-violence, social & economic justice, tolerance, environmental
sustainability, disarmament, human security and traditional peace
practices. The aim of this endeavor is to publish and promote the holistic
peace culture widely within the education sector.  This is due to the fact
that we are living a multi-racial, multi-religious and multi-cultural world
with the emphasis on academic excellence and character building to meet the
demands of the burning world.

*Important Dates*

*January 20, 2015          **: Proposal Submission Deadline*

*January 30, 2015**          : Notification of Acceptance*

*March 30, 2015             :**Full Chapter Submission*

*May 15, 2015                :** Review Results Returned*

*June 30, 2015                **:Final Chapter Submission*

*July 15, 2015                 **:Final Deadline*

*Inquiries and submissions can be forwarded electronically (Word document)
or by mail to:**Dr. Kshama Pandey,**Faculty of Education,Dayalbagh
Educational Institute,Dayalbagh, Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India,E-mail:
kshamasoham@xxxxxxxxx <kshamasoham@xxxxxxxxx>,*

 *pandey_moon@xxxxxxxxxxx <pandey_moon@xxxxxxxxxxx> *

*Editors*

·      *Prof.Pratibha Upadhyay**, HOD,Department of Education, University
of Allahabad, U.P.,India*

·         *Dr.Amit Jaiswal, Lecturer, Govt.P.G.College,
Kotdwar,Uttarakhand,India amitjaiswalau@xxxxxxxxx
<amitjaiswalau@xxxxxxxxx>  *

*Greetings of Peace & hramony to all. and*

 *Wishing you a Very Happy New Year 2015*

*Dr.Subhash Chandra*

Vice President- Global Harmony Association (GHA) , India

GHA Ambassador of Peace and Disarmament from Harmony in India,
http://www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=583

·        Board of Trustee - Global Peace Foundation (GPF), New Delhi,
India. http://www.globalpeace.org/India

·      Project Director – Global Peace & Interfaith Harmony Project, India
https://www.facebook.com/pages/GPF-India/542821939098670  and

*·         *International Coordinator, WWA- World without Anger Kathmandu,
Nepal *www.worldwithoutanger.org <http://www.worldwithoutanger.org>*

Member- GDF - Unity in Diversity –World Civil Society, Assembly - Global
Initiative Body http://www.gdfunityindiversity.org/assembly.htm

--
Subhash Chandra