[gha] Re: Global peace science + G20 Summit + the agenda of our joint scientific work and cooperation

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Martin, Glen T" <gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 12:34:29 +0400

Dear Glen,

I gladly and gratefully read your philosophical response and appreciate your
ideas and recognition of GPS. In general, I agree with them, but some
corrections are require.

1. I think that there is a fifth antinomy of Kant: "the nature (or the natural
state) of people is war" (he shared the idea of ??Hobbes's natural war of all
against all) and "the nature of people is peace". I quoted him in this regard
and in my article and in the GHA Letter. How else can understand his similar
judgments: "harmony among men is ... nature", "nature guarantees perpetual
peace", nature ?finally assures peace? and etc. I've never seen this Kant?s
antinomy and never met it in the philosophical literature. Obviously, it
requires a special philosophical study in the future. Maybe one of your
graduate students will interested in it?

I want to add one more important idea: GPS suggests that a war state is a
natural only for the animals, but for people as social beings a natural is the
state of spontaneous peace of spheral harmonious classes, which the GPS
transform into their state of conscious harmonious peace, so only on the basis
of GPS possible conscious public contract between the nations, that is the
Earth Constitution. Reasonable contract between nations can only begin with
science. Do you agree with that? Of course, on the other hand, only this
contract does GPS by practice. Therefore, they are inseparable.

2. I fully agree with your idea that the "objectivity" is not only scientific,
it is also moral".

3. I fully agree with your idea that peace can be established only in the
Republic of nations and states on the basis of Kantian moral imperative and
public contract. But for a deeper understanding of this need requires GPS.

4. I fully share your wonderful idea: "The study of peace (the need for a GPS)
and the moral obligation to live under the Earth Constitution are coextensive
and simultaneous, one does not come before the other". Yes, these are two sides
of the same coin. They are inseparable and simultaneous.

5. I agree that the text of my article requires to correct in specified you
terms. But the text of the GHA letters to the G20 leaders is free from them.
They are two different text. I will send only letter that you are approved.
(Could you edit the letter text?) The article will be the basis for a new peace
project GHA in September. Therefore, it will change and expand. However, I
note, the social sciences, including GPS find the same eternal structures and
laws, as well as physics, chemistry and biology.

6. I also generally agree with your idea of ??the World Parliament under the
aegis of which the complete disarmament is possible and real. Your version of
my segment on disarmament will be included in a new project in September. But
here is the key issue in structuring this Parliament in accordance with four
harmonious spheral classes of the population as a global social structure in
GPS. The Parliament of global democracy should include four equal-sized groups
of elected representatives from the four spheral classes of the population.
Would you ready to include this idea into your Constitution? May I suggest for
our discussion in the September my respective edition of your Constitution?
This idea is basis for the concept of global democracy in GPS.

I used this idea for the first time in 1992, when I created on this basis ?the
Group/Fraction of Spheral Democracy? as the sprout of global democracy in the
city parliament of St. Petersburg, the member of which I was
(www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=58; See also on the Spheral Democracy
as Global Democracy here: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=196  etc.).
This idea have the source of Charles Montesquieu's fundamental law of
democracy, which is ignored by the democratic Constitutions, but revives in
this sprout: "Durability and prosperity of democracy always depend on the
correct division into classes of the population having the right to vote"
(Charles Montesquieu. Selected works. About Spirit of Laws. Moscow, 1955, p.
171-172). The correct division, at GPS, is the spheral division of the
population. What do you think of this key idea for both of us? If we take it,
then, indeed, GPS and your Constitution are two sides of the same coin.

But we must also examine the theoretical possibility of transition state
between the peace contract of the states-nations within the UN on basis of
their recognition of GPS and the World Parliament on the basis of the Earth
Constitution. Please, let us discuss this issue also in September.

7. I'm very glad to you CSSS optimism regarding its funding at $60,000. Maybe
we could arrange the financing and execution of this study under your
leadership within your wonderful interdisciplinary Peace Studies at Radford
University? (Where I could read about your Peace Center on-line?) That would be
the best option for all, for you, for your Constitution, your University and
for the GHA, and for our joint creativity and collaboration. This will ensure
"promoting both World Parliament and GPS simultaneously, not one before the
other". What do you think of this possibility and this way?

Thank you very much for your detailed clarification, the conclusion of which
was your great idea, fully shared by me: "We absolutely need both GPS and a
global social contract to establish peace." I'm very happy with our joint
scientific cooperation.

Global Peace Science from Harmony: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=582;