[gha] Re: GHA - Do We Stand for Peace?

  • From: "Martin, Glen T" <gmartin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 11:30:13 +0000

Dear friends and colleagues,

I want to thank Bruce for his serious concern about how we are to proceed with
this GHA book and as a group.  My view is that our book should be published
with the highest intellectual integrity, that is, recognizing that we are a
group of dedicated peace-makers trying to make a contribution within a much
larger peace movement going on for the past half century or more.   We should
not separate off our own peace views as if they were in a “war” with other
peace views.  Rather, our book should unite with others in the larger peace
movement with honesty, humility, and authenticity. Only in this way will we be
making a serious contribution to peace.

Yours in peace and hope,
Glen Martin

Dr. Glen T. Martin

President, World Constitution and Parliament Association (WCPA)
President, Institute on World Problems (IOWP)
Professor, Philosophy and Peace Studies, Radford University
Laureate, GUSI Peace Prize International