[gha] Re: GHA - Do We Stand for Peace?

  • From: ammar banni <ammarbanni@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2014 09:29:13 +0100

Dear Leo and all Members

I think all members of GHA, especially activess, dream to  the success of
such projects  of organisations. But, seen at  the cultural diversity
which is an advantage, I think this train at the opposition initiatives,
despite the willingness of members.

On the other hand, I think many of us are unaware that  the old management
methodology monitoring and control: these two pillars of
classical management smelling paternalism and strategic planning not really
rating today. At least in the speeches. Because in work of organizations, it is
difficult to change! And this is understandable: one does not become a simple
snap of the fingers horizontal, flexible and responsive organization, composed
of autonomous employees willing to share responsibilities.

Yet it is in this sense that does the future of management. In the development
of personal qualities at the service of the collective, the "light"
management in customizing workstations and their organization. And most
importantly, the sharing of tasks and responsibilities: our generation or later
our children attend the end of the strict separation between those who do and
those who do, those who decide and those who execute. This reconciliation has
become essential for the always better trained workers, informed and equipped
keep meaning to their work.

In such a context, the constraints are more negatively perceived when they are
not understood, or worse, just petrified by force of habit. And intolerance to
the stress experienced spreads even faster than gluten intolerance, in all
settings and all environments. The working group is no exception and, in
particular, especially international associations. The vogue for open distance
exchanges prepare people diverse autonomous cultures, their free choice of work
and constraints. No contact becomes "easier" than before: the effort
is always the same to transform the idea into knowledge. But it is up to each
to identify the structural elements of participation and self-discipline with
respect ,to become the final objective of the organization.

Accommodate the passage of the temporary manager based leadership, posture head
to that of individual responsibility and the right man to the appropriate team.

For this reason, I ask all members, please, to agree with  a working
platform, respecting each other "compromise" to
achieve the success of this work that no longer expects a decline.
"Let's  be  like an hamonious bouquet of  flowers !"

With great respect .With Harmony and
Ammar Banni/Retired Professor of education/Algeria

Le Mardi 17 juin 2014 22h52, "Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com"
<cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> a écrit :

Dear GHA members,

I greet you with a
subject of concern to all of us: Do we agree to continue with the existing
current level of rage and bias in GHA communications, or would we prefer to
take a more balanced approach worthy of academic rigor?
To asses this problem,
I invite you to review 2013-2014 digests of GHA communications at the following
As you might have
already noted, no credible academic organization would tolerate this level of
rage and bias. Frankly, its presence is (or, I believe, should be) an
embarrassment to all members.
Instead, as I have
recently indicated, I strongly feel that GHA e-mails, etc., need to be more
conducive to peaceful discourse. I even appealed to Leo to consider this
possibility, for almost all of the embarrassing emails issue from his address.
In reviewing the GHA
digests, one cannot fail to note our fearless leader’s regularity in making
mean personal attacks against members. The immature progression  follows
a regular, predictable modus operandi.
1. A member disagrees with or criticizes the
2. The leader remains silent for a couple of
3. The leader conducts what political groups
call "opposition research" in which he does one of two things:
3a. Gathers facts to discredit whoever has had
the gall to criticize him.
3b. "Sets up" the opposition to
obtain facts by asking deliberate questions with copies to all GHA members
4. Prepares and mails out a tirade with
drunken sailor qualities for the purpose of discrediting the critic and
intimidating other members so future criticism will be discouraged.
Against this
background, I was pleased this morning to receive a seemingly friendly email
from Leo.
In this email, he
finally relented by accepting my request to write me directly on administrative
matters, without copying the message to all members. For this I truly commend
Second, in this email,
he asked that I send him a copy of the GHA list. After all, I had claimed we
had 800+ people on the list. Well, upon researching this, I realized that Leo
was correct and we have a much lower number of members. I must have been
thinking of another of the lists I maintain. Or perhaps I was thinking of GHA
before its split in 2005. In any case, it was my error and I freely apologize
to everyone.
I should note that I recently
criticized Leo on another matter and asked to be spared from his traditional
Alas, Leo had another
request for me. He was asking me, with copies to everyone, to edit a document I
had already told him I would not edit. Sadly, this revealed that has purpose
was to "set me up" for a personal attack. (This comes under item 3b
in the modus operandi above.)
What was really
happening? If you have been following the GHA messages (and I suspect that few
have been reading GHA messages) you will clearly realize that he wanted me to
legitimize a personal attack diatribe against Glen Martin he wrote a few weeks
Why did Leo ask me to do
this again? After all, I had refused to edit it. Naturally, he expected me to
refuse again, and this would constitute another personal failing for him to
lament in his personal attack – in which he could slam me for being an
American, like Glen. (Perhaps you have noted a definite bias against Americans
in Leo's diatribes.)
As part of this, I
would expect Leo to claim that I had already agreed to edit the diatribe
against Glen. But that is incorrect, for I only agreed to edit Leo's book, and
it is not at all clear that a diatribe of this quality should be included in a
book which so far is claiming to advocate harmony and peace.
Now, I could avoid his
attack. I would just have to relent and edit his personal attack on Glen
Martin. How easy that would be. But it’s clearly time to draw the line on this
disturbance in GHA’s notion of peace. I ask everyone. What do we stand for if
not peace? That's peace in the world, but also peace in our communications with
each other. Don't we need to "walk the talk" of peace?
Thus, today, I am
turning to the group. This time, unlike Leo's biased tradition of taking a
"vote" by assuming everyone agrees with him if they don't write in
and disagree (with the obvious risk of being attacked themselves), I will take
another approach.
1. If you, as a GHA
member would like Leo to continue with his acerbic attacks, please write an
email to the group in which you say" "I agree that Leo should
continue with his personal attacks."
2. If you, as a GHA
member, feel that Leo's criticism of Glen is warranted and worthy of placement
on the GHA website, please write an email to the group in which you say "I
agree that Leo's personal attack on Glen Martin is worthy of publication.”
3. If you are (or plan
to be) an author of an article in Leo's new book, please write an email to the
group in which you say "I have no objection if Leo's personal attack on
Glen Martin is published in the same book as my article."
I leave the question
there. If everyone is truly pleased with the direction GHA emails have taken, I
will be glad to reconsider.
Yours in pursuit of
harmony and peace,
Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
Vice-President, GHA
Director of CSSS Publishing and Editorial team
President, World Writers Resources, Inc.
Author, Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020, Just Fiction Editions, 2012
1407 Getzelman Drive
Elgin, IL 60123 USA