[gha] Re: First of three articles by Johnson and Ord attached + Technical requirements

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kurt Johnson <kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx>, yorkmin@xxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2014 15:13:00 +0400

Dear Kurt and David,

Thank you very much for your interesting article: The Principle of Harmony
between Science and Religion in Global Peace Science.

As you know, we will edit your, as and all other articles during six months
starting since February -March up to September 2014.

It is very nice your accuracy with your deadline to January 31. Thank you very
much for this!

Please, let me draw your special attention, as well as all other authors to
bibliography, which is a mandatory condition for every scientific article. The
articles without the bibliography will not be published in the GPS book. From
the full list of the requirements below I focus TWO ones for bibliography and
its expression: # 12 and # 17.

In accordance with these requirements I invite you to correct the text of your
article. For example, you write (my adds in [?]):

?A new discipline, combining elements of both science and religion, takes up
this inquiry?the field of Cognitive Science of Religion (CSR) [1]. Emerging
among the holistic trends of the 1970, CSR combines the inquiry and insights of
several fields:   sociobiology (which investigates biological bases for social
behaviors [2, pages]), sociology of religion (how religions evolved in
societies [3, pages]), anthropology of religion (how religions evolved through
history [4, pages]), and transpersonal and evolutionary psychology [5, pages].
An International Association for the Cognitive Science of Religion was formed
in 2006 [6, pages; or web address].?

[1] Author (s). (Year). The book/article title. Publisher
[2] Author (s). (Year). The book/article title. Publisher
[3] Author (s). (Year). The book/article title. Publisher
[4] Author (s). (Year). The book/article title. Publisher
[5] Author (s). (Year). The book/article title. Publisher
[6] Author (s). (Year). The book/article title. Publisher (or web address)
And etc.

I like to invite all authors of the GPS book to rework your articles with the
accordance to these requirements (below) and send me your updated articles
during 1-2 months. Thank you.

Technical requirements for the articles
The book?s expected format is: 165 x 235 (70 x 100, in 1/16) as in the ABC of

Standard article length is 3 pages but on a motivated request it can be up to 6
 Format: Microsoft Word (any version)
All text fields: 25 mm.
The texts? pages are not numbered
Text font: Times New Roman.
Lowercase and capital letters ? according to requirements of grammar, acronyms
- in capital letters
The interval between the lines: Single.
Font Size 12, except for the author's name and title of article
The author, first and last names are in center on top of article, font size 14
Article title: under the author name with single space (10) in center, font
size 14
Article text: under title with a single space (10)
Bibliography is at the article end: not less than three and not more than 20
Align full
Headlines within the article text: centered, fat excretion
At the text bottom: brief biographical note in 3-5 lines
Under the biographical note: your home address, telephone number (one, any
available), E-mail, websites (not more than 2, one of which is the GHA website,
if available) on separate lines.
Footnotes: only within the text in square brackets with footnote's number and
with the cited pages
Just one space is allowed between words. Eliminate two or more spaces between
Provide standard grammar and spelling texts.
Articles are send to the book editor using email in attached file, the first
word in its title should be the author name.