[gha] Re: Edit + For the GHA discussion of peace imagination in GPS

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 14:23:06 +0400

Dear Bruce,

Thank you very much for your thoughts, editing, and support of the Global Peace
Science (GPS) project. But in this email (below), you have touched one of the
most fundamental issues for the GHA, so it is worthy of attention and
discussion of all the GHA members. Allow me to express my ideas on this subject.

(1) If we reject the claims of any use (at least in a few words) of the "GHA
Sources" (GHA sources - this is the GHA books and projects), we put ourselves
in a humiliating position, neglecting our own experience of 8 years and our
achievements. If we ourselves will show such example of neglect in attitude to
our achievements, others willingly follow it.

(2) On the other hand, these people may say, GHA has no its own sources for
this book and GPS, he wants to exploit the thinking of others to create it. It
will be demeaning for GHA and erroneous. This is contrary to the facts. I think
we should not give rise to such thoughts about GHA. Do you agree with that?

(3) "GHA Sources" - this is our dignity in the peace imagination for a new
century and the meaning of our work. Why should we abandon it and humiliate

(4) "GHA Sources" - this is our assistance to other partners: they can either
agree or disagree with them, which will be, in any case, the progress of peace
thinking. It is our great trump card that we offer to all potential
participants and that does not limit their thinking and stimulates their
peacemaking thinking. I think we need to keep this positive incentive for
creative imagination to produce GPS.

(5) "GHA Sources" - these are sources of creative imagination as a key
cognitive mechanism that is responsible for the birth of new ideas in any
thinking - scientific, religious, philosophical and artistic. This role of
imagination brilliantly revealed by Immanuel Kant and in the multitude of
subsequent literature from which for us especially important is the work of
great American sociologist Charles Mills Sociological Imagination (1960 about).
GHA develops his ideas in the GPS Peace Imagination. Who still talks about the
peace imagination in the 21st century? We have seen in the fact that world
leaders from the G20 and the UN denied it. GHA Mission is to join them to this
imagination that we can do this only through of "GHA Sources".

(6) GHA makes a new step, after the ABC of Harmony, in the new peace thinking,
providing global peace from harmony. Traditional thinking, as we can see from
the history in the three thousand years, was unable to provide it until today.
The task of global peace was not standing in front it. There was a problem of
local peace between neighbors, and it was decided on the basis of fear of the
military resources of the enemy. This gave rise to the militaristic peace
formula: If you want peace - prepare for war. Now this way of thinking is
inadequate to global society that requires to solve a fundamentally new problem
of global peace. GHA believes that this problem can be solved in the way of
global social harmony. GHA has created appropriate sources for the advancement
of scientific knowledge in this way of thinking, from which we can not refuse.

(7) "GHA Sources", I am convinced, can unite in harmony all diversity of peace
ideas in the world. Otherwise, they will remain fragmented as it is now, and
the effect of our book with them will be zero, it will turn into a vulgar and
useless collection of disparate ideas as "the Deaf Choir." The intention of our
GPS book is to create a single architecture in harmony of scientific peace
ideas for the 21st century, which is devoid of such global peace scientific
architecture up today. We can not sacrifice this architecture as the highest
quality and dignity of our peace book with our peace science.

(8). Everything is relative. If we, by analogy, will propose, for example, to
Glenn Martin and Norman Kurland to invite to creation of the Sciences of the
Earth Constitution and Economic Justice the new co-authors WITHOUT and BEYOND
of their own sources, they rejected this proposal as nonsense, I'm sure of it.
We can ask them about it.

(9). The last one. I think we have nothing to worry about busy of our potential
participants. Who wants to participate in the GPS creation and its book, he/she
finds a little time. Unfortunately, I suspect, these will be a little bit,
because a few will be able to new peacemaking thinking now. What is your and
GHA members opinions about this? Thank you.

I hope this discussion will help the GHA members to intensify efforts towards
joining the GPS project new participants of those listed in the INVITATION to
it (www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=585).

Global Peace Science from Harmony: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=582;