[gha] Re: Edit + 9th Anniversary + Gandhi

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx> (Peace from Harmony)
  • To: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 16:26:43 +0400

Dear Bruce,

Many thanks for your editing and suggestions.

As for your comment below, it has the public meaning and importance, so I
answer it publicly.

But I do not understand your fears about the "grave personal consequences for
members and their families", as if we live in totalitarian dictatorships, which
abolished the freedom of peaceful demonstrations and protests. Or in the United
States no longer exists freedom and democracy? This is the first.

Second, you are distorting the text. It says nothing about “all GHA members”
and "stop paying personal taxes". This text refers to the adult population of
all countries and to protest against war taxes only. Do you feel the difference
here? Why the adult population cannot protest against war taxes to force their
governments to think about peace, to create and develop peace projects and to
finance their development as development of peace science and peace education?
These protests will be a powerful non-violent tool for population to compel
their governments to move towards global peace and take practical steps on it,
instead of a full inaction and complete militarization as it is now.

Third. Do you respect Gandhi as the initiator of similar protests in the form
of non-violent civil disobedience? In any democratic country such non-violent
protests and demonstrations within the law are possibility now. For this we
need only new Gandhis and new Martin Luther Kings, i.e. bold, courageous and
thinking people, capable lifting millions of people and lead them against war
taxes and to global peace from harmony. The fear here is only for these people
who are being killed like Gandhi or King, etc. But fear is not for GHA members.
Unfortunately, among us, we do not see people of the Gandhi level. The GHA task
is to find these people, to inspire them, to arm them with global peace
science, to support them and protect them as much as possible. The struggle for
global peace requires courage and responsibility rather than fear. Fear not
allows to reach peace ever. Do you agree with this opinion? Thank you,