[gha] Does GHA Stand for Civil Disobedience (of others, not ourselves)?

  • From: "Bruce Cook, AuthorMe.com" <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>, "ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2014 05:05:49 -0800 (PST)

Dear Leo, Members,

As a word of warning here.

It's not at all customary for someone to present editing comments to public
view in this way. The role of an editor is to suggest changes and  the role of
the person who requested the editing is to accept the changes or reject them
and then publish the document.

My concern, and that of any member, is that believe  GHA members do not stand
for civil disobedience, as suggested in the original ( which was not included).
Now, I surmise from the response that GHA stands for organizing so others will
refuse to pay for war, but not GHA members.. Is that better?

Again, do we members of GHA agree that we stand for this? "Organization of mass
civil disobedience"

I suggest that GHA work with existing structures of government to bring peace.
Using the example of Gandhi, to my knowledge he worked with government in Bihar
State to bring prosperity to impoverished villages. He was a man of peace, not
a man of civil disobedience. Perhaps that was the secret of his great success.

But I am only acting as your humble editor here. If nobody objects to having
GHA stand for civil disobedience (only of others - not us), I stand aside and
accept your silence as an editorial decision.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
Vice-President, GHA
International Vice President for Publicity,
International Association of Educators for World Peace
President, World Writers Resources, Inc.
Author, *Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020*, Just Fiction
Editions, 2012
1407 Getzelman Drive
Elgin, IL 60123 USA