[gha] David Ord's spiritual journey to peace from inner harmony

  • From: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2013 15:21:29 +0400

To GHA from David Robert Ord

My own life's journey reflects the theme of Peace From Harmony, in that when I
was growing up with my fundamentalist fears and therefore dogmatism, there was
no peace in either my inner world or external reality. Though the experience I
most longed for was peace, it eluded me at every turn. Only when, inch by inch,
I began to crawl out from under my fear of thinking outside the box into why I
had been born, becoming exposed to a wider range of ideas, did I begin to be at
harmony within myself.

As my own interior world became increasingly harmonious, so too did my external
world become peaceful. In this way our spiritual journey as individuals is a
microcosm for what must happen for our species as a whole, which will in turn
reflect in a planet whose ecosystem also return so a balanced state instead of
threatening the existence of countless species that are our fellow travelers on
spaceship Earth as it does at this critical moment in the evolutionary journey.

In my constricted years I thought I knew the answers, whereas what was I was to
discover was that not only did I not know the answers but I hadn't even heard
the real questions. But life has its way of forcing us to confront what our
fear has defended us against, shoving our noses into just those situations that
have the power to shock, dismay, and ultimately awaken us to our oneness with
each other, with all life, and indeed with all that exists. The Coming
Interspiritual Age
(http://issuu.com/yorkmin/docs/the_coming_interspiritual_age) is a description
of a playing out on a grand cosmic scale of my own experience of coming to
peace through inner harmony—a reflection what www.peacefromharmony.org, with
its meaningful ideals and glorious goals is all about.

David Robert Ord
March 7, 2013

Dear GHA Members,
       I am pleased to present you a very interesting letter of the GHA new
member David Ord of his spiritual journey of outside fundamentalism through
inner harmony to inner and world peace. This is a great and simple illustration
of typical spiritual journey of almost every one of us, including me.
      I passed this way of the Soviet or Communist totalitarianism decades
through inner harmony in my Tetrasociology as science of harmony, which I
created in the Soviet Union and then Russia, remaining dissident so far, to
inside and world peace through the Global Harmony Association.
       This is a great way of our turning generation to PEACE FROM HARMONY,
which expresses the GHA Mission and our website title: Peace from Harmony.
Thanks to David for his deep awareness of this global trend.
       The global world in a whole is today on this shift to Peace From
Harmony, which is illuminated now by scientific knowledge of the ABC of
Harmony, The Coming Interspiritual Age and similar holistic books.

Dr. Leo Semashko,
GHA President

David Ord*

About The ABC of Harmony

One of the significant signs of our times is the coming together of efforts to
educate world citizenry in the unifying and harmonious message at the heart of
all the world's religions and, at the same time, to relate these aspects of our
deeper nature skillfully to the knowledge and gifts of modern science and
technology. At the heart of all religions—in their spiritual, heart, and
mystical dimensions—are the values of love, kindness, service, understanding
and so on.
Similarly, the purpose of our species' gifts in science and technology are to
serve the universal values that have emerged from religion and philosophy. I
support the direction of the ABC of Harmony because it represents one of the
clear steps by religious, scientific, and technological leaders to shift our
planetary cosmology to a unified cosmology of both spirit and science.
We must bring together a mature and holistic modern cosmology going beyond our
fractured cosmologies of the past—the Distant Creator of the western religions
and the uncaring Grand Machine of science. At this time of inevitable
globalization and multiculturalism, as recently written about by Dr. Kurt
Johnson and myself in our book The Coming Interspiritual Age, we see a clear
unfolding of this move toward holism. I salute the ABC of Harmony as a part of
that global direction.

*David R. Ord
Editorial Director, Namaste Publishing,
Address: Phoenix, USA