[gha] Re: Congratulations on Victory Day of PEACE over world war on May 9, 1945

  • From: MATJAŽ MULEJ <mulej@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 May 2014 19:37:14 +0000

Dear all!

So do I; 'alarm, bombers are coming' reads in German 'Fliegeralarm'. This
belonged to the first words I spoke in my native Maribor in Slovenia, located
next to the Austrian border, at the age of three. At the same age I experienced
a German officer's gun on my head because I spoke Slovenian in Maribor. The
aunt taking me for a walk downtown persuaded the officer that I was speaking
Russian that was not forbidden like Slovenian was under Hitler and Mussolini.

Thus, 9 May for me and for us in Slovenia was more than a day of peace, it was
a day of survival as a nation condemned to disappearing by Hitler and
Mussolini. Like Jews etc.

Best,

Matjaz