[gha] Re: Children’s Priority and Protection Day, June 1, 2014 - for you approval to May 31

  • From: Bruce Cook <cookcomm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Leo Semashko <leo.semashko@xxxxxxxxx>, "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, peace-from-harmony@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 May 2014 11:42:03 -0500

Dear Leo, Everyone,

I have edited the Children's Day pronouncement as requested. (See attached.)

However, *we should all note that it urges parents to have the book we are
writing adopted in schools*. And the text, as proposed, has many of us in
GHA as signatories.

But this is problematic for several reasons:

   -  Parents do not choose the textbooks used in the schools, so they are
   unable to do what is suggested.
   - The book has not yet been written, so it's difficult to urge schools
   to use it.
   - The book's first 2 chapters, as written, are far too deep for use with
   children and youth. If we are to urge schools to use our book, we will need
   a professional textbook writer to make it understandable. None of this
   could be done with speed.

I do not recommend using this proclamation as it stands. Instead, perhaps,
we should simply urge parents to help their children make harmonious
choices in life.

Yours in pursuit of harmony and peace,

Bruce L. Cook, Ph.D.
President, GHA-USA
Vice-President, GHA
Director of CSSS Publishing and Editorial team
President, World Writers Resources, Inc.
Author, *Harmony of Nations: 1943 – 2020*, Just Fiction Editions, 2012
1407 Getzelman Drive
Elgin, IL 60123 USA
*http://www.peacefromharmony. org/?cat=en_c&key=544

Thank you,