[gha] Re: CSVGC-NY 28 March, 12:00PM - (RSVP by 3/20) - Invitation Dr Hans-Peter Duerr

  • From: ADOLF SHVEDCHIKOV <adolfps@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 17:04:47 -0700

Dear Sharon Hamilton:
Many thanks for your E-mail. Here you'll find my poems dedicated to 43rd
Annual UN Peace Bell Ceremony. Hoping to hear from you, I remain,

Vice President, GHA-Russia,
Scientist, Chemical Physics, PhD and LittD,
Poet and Translator,
A Member of Many International Literary Associations,
Author of 13 books of poetry and poetic translations, including Shakespeare.

Address: Moscow, 129366 Russia, Prospect Mira, 180, Apt. 52
4317 Petit Avenue, Encino, CA 91436-3516, USA
Email: adolfps@xxxxxxxxx
Phone.: 8 (495) 686-81-83
Website: www.peacefromharmony.org/?cat=en_c&key=559

Adolf Shvedchikov, PhD, LittD
International Poet of Merit

* *

The bloody twentieth age,

An insoluble paradox –

A black box

Of an old mental cage.

Our memory is too short,

An incredible phenomenon!

What will be the verdict of History’s Court

About life: “off” or “on”?

Years run after years,

Now is coming deadline.

Are you ready again for tears?

Tell me honestly, mankind!

Are you ready again for the war,

Hot or Cold,

Just say the word:

Where are you going, world?

People – politicians, businessmen,

Scientists and poets,

Let’s reject our former distrust,

Let’s write a new poem

About Peace, Wisdom, and Trust!

When hot and cold winds collide,

Tornado appears, violent and wild.

That funnel-shape huge mushroom

Spreads into fields like a devil fume.

This roaring whirlwind with endless noise

Looks as a fearsome monster with mortal voice.

Blind evil forces bring death and woe,

But wise mankind, where will you go?

People are religious, they know God’s law,

And with this knowledge create the war!

Through a violent past, through the generations

It can be seen the moan of nations.

The voice of wisdom does not learn,

And war’s tornado back return.

Eternal battle of Death and Life…

Let’s hope that Peace will still be alive!

I came to this violent world

To live in the glory of love,

To tell you my cordial word,

To bring you peace like a dove.

I wandered  too long

Being tested by mankind’s grief,

I am fed up with sorrowful song

About a lonely torn leaf.

I came to be with all

From sunrise until sunset,

From spring to a fading fall,

And I’ll never ever forget

Fragrant scent of the fresh hay,

Juicy flavor of orange’s gold,

Heavy traffic of the stuffy freeway,

Heaven vastness of perpetual world.

I hear the creak of tall pine

Near murmuring sparkling brook,

I wish I were a line

From the page of Eternity’s Book.

* *

* *

I am *Sequoia*, five thousand years old,

The oldest living being.

Do you hear me, mankind? I hold

In my memory an eternity’s wing.

One million eight hundred twenty five thousand days

I was happy and upset

To meet the first morning rays,

To say farewell to sunset.

I am like an ancient monument

Turning millennium pages,

I have heard right words about Peace Dove,

Followed unfortunately by war’s drum.

I thought about the numerous dead,

The victims of a multitude of wars,

I became inconsolably sad

With a situation that grew worse and worse.

I kept the history of the world in my mind,

I am the same age as *Sphinx at Gaza*, pyramids of *Maya*…

Can I believe in wisdom, mankind,

Or my destiny to be dying *Sequoia*?

* *

* *

* *

* *

* *

 * *

* *

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM, Sharon Hamilton