[gha] CIHE Update & Huffington Post feature on INTERSPIRITUAL [Interfaith] REVOLUTION

  • From: Kurt Johnson <kurtjohnsonisd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <gha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ghausa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 10:58:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hello CIHE, GHA, ABC Colleagues:

The Huffington Post has a new feature on "Interspiritual Revolution"
emphasizing the message in The Coming Interspiritual Agebook and other
interfaith and millennial youth directions worldwide.  Here is the link:  a
really powerful article!

UPDATES Regarding CIHE, GHA and ABC:

I  will be part of a number of ongoing conversations now to start introducing
the CIHE curricula and concepts to the wider interfaith and interspiritual
communities.  These will include:

l.  Meeting with Fr. Thomas Keating and representatives of the historic
Snowmass Inter-religious Initiative (authors of the “8 Points of Agreement” in
(2006)) see http://www.isdna.org/understanding.php
This will be June 20-24, 2013 at Fr. Keating's Abbey in Colorado.  I am on
their Steering Committee.
2.  Meetings with
CIC-USA (www.cic-usa.org) of which I’m a
Board member and OUnI (www.ouni.org) of
which I’m a Board Member to begin discussing and delineating the various kinds
of interfaith education programs that are emerging.
4.  Meeting re: same
with www.spiritualpaths.net (who
carry on Fr. Keating’s work in California), as well as
www.contemplativejournal.com and www.presence.tv who are newly emerging voices.

5.  Meetings with the dozen
or so INTERFAITH SEMINARIES in North America (see
 regarding coherence across interfaith teaching programs.

6.  Meeting with the
Education Committee at One Spirit Interfaith Seminary in New York City, along
with OUnI and CIC-USA, to PLAN A COURSE or COLLOQUIUM to discuss (esp. using
long distance learning
webinar capability) the various emerging interfaith and interspiritual
education programs emerging worldwide, of which CIHE, GHA, ABC is a major one.

7.   The Dawn of
Interspirituality Conference, Sept./Oct. 2013 in Cascadia Washington.  Google
Dawn of Interspirituality Conference or see www.satyana.org.

I’ll keep you informed, and especially I will consult Bruce
and Leo as these discussions proceed.  They
are all informational.  I will not “officially”
represent or make agreements on behalf of, or regarding, CIHE, ABC, GHA.  These
discussions are all informational and
exploratory across constituencies.
Dr. Kurt Johnson

GHA-USA Vice President and a