[ggo-discussion] usability: X O ! , edit focus and players

  • From: mAsterdam <masterdam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gGo <ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 May 2003 06:23:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Peter,

a. Control window:
The "X O !" behavior is a little strange - straight from the
server.

The fourth logically possible state (the program catches it)
does not make sense anyway. I think it would be easier for the
user if there would be a tristate gadget, not unlike a traffic
light.

--- Red    -   Open False Looking False
---Orange  -   Open True  Looking False
---Green   -   Open True  Looking True

b. Game window:

When I push 'Edit' when the game is already in an edit window,
nothing happens. It would make sense if the edit window got focus.

c. Players

1. When I push a sorting label for the second time I have come to
expect that the sorting order reverses.

2. It would be nice if there was an option to preserve the state of
'available' and 'friends', like the player level-range.

3. Refresh causes you to lose 'where you were' completely. Maybe it
could preserve the percentage part of the list? Most of the time it
will show just about the same players - which is what the user was
looking for when he pressed 'Refresh'.

4. It would be __very__ nice if I could add a little (client side
persistent) comment to players, not only 'friends' state.

just my 2 Eurocents

Regards,
                       mAsterdam

http://search.yahoo.com