[ggo-discussion] Re: that capture counting bug

  • From: Matthew Rohn <mdrohn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 23:47:12 -0400

I too have noticed this in almost every game I observe on IGS.  Exactly as
Michael describes, although the prisoner count does not always rectify
itself as the game progresses.  Also sometimes when the game is ended the
final board display will only show about half of the stones it should.

FYI I am running the client on Win XP Pro.

At 11:01 PM 04/23/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>Hi, I must confess I don't recall what happened after I reported this last
>time (it was a while back), so please indulge me as I bring it up again. :P
>
>When observing games, the number of prisoners held by each player is not
>displayed correctly. For instance, in a game I was watching just now, White
>captured a group of four stones, bringing his total up from 2 to 6, but go
>to the next move (Black) and the number is back down to 2. Then, later on,
>White plays some insignificant move, and his prisoner count jumps from 4 to
>12. :-)
>
>It's a really common bug... happens in probably every game I observe, but I
>haven't mentioned it lately because I'm sure I mentioned it before... and
>no-one else has mentioned it, either. #_#
>
>- Michael C.

Matthew Rohn
mdrohn@xxxxxxxxxxx