[ggo-discussion] source code?

  • From: Robert Kleemann <robertk@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 22:22:59 -0800

Hi guys.

I just ran glGo for the first time and am amazed at how gorgeous it
looks!  The scaling board and fonts are really nice.

I'm running it on gentoo linux so I decided to use the tar file (instead
of debs or rpms).   I noticed that the install script was installing it
in /usr instead of /usr/local so I manually untarred the glGo.ss file
and wrote a little bash script to run it with the correct
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and "-s" option for the share directory.

To make it easier I decided to write an emerge script to install it.
This is a bash script used by gentoo that downloads the source code,
compiles, and installs the program.  It also contains dependency info.
It's kind of like an rpm spec file.  This is when things got a little
confusing.  The sourceforge project contains the source code up to
version 0.7 but now the site appears to be abandoned.  The
pandanet.co.jp site has version 1.1 but no source code is available.

Is source code no longer available for the program?  I notice that the
license says that the code can be downloaded and used but cannot be
modified or redistributed.  Is this the beta of a commercial
application?  What are your plans for this program?

Congratulations again on a very nice looking program!

Robert.