[ggo-discussion] Re: new server syntax strikes again! Game number prefixed to in-game messages.

  • From: Peter Strempel <zotan@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 22:46:49 +0200

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 07:47:20PM +0200, Peter Strempel wrote:

> Best solution: Common syntax for single and multiple games. As I understood
> tweet, this is planned. However, takes time to fix all of it. So we dont
> need a real solution, only a workaround for now.
>
> Im changing it that way now, if you play a single game, it will use the old
> syntax, if you play multiple games, the new.

Actually, I've been answering mails before testing things on IGS. I should
have done it with reverse order.

Handicap, undo, adjourn had been fixed a week or more ago already. Komi,
addtime I had reported few days ago, it's fixed now. So obviously "say" is
the (to my knowledge) last problem, and a minor one.

So I will not do the above mentioned change. Common gameID even in single
games does obviously not hurt anymore (except say for now). So I see no
reason to change it back again. I added a one-liner check for say to fix it
for now, as IGS probably wont be changed before next monday. I tried some
single and multiple games, and the above mentioned commands work properly
with the new syntax.

The "sgf name-" problem was reported to PandaNet as well now, but that has
nothing to do with own games and the gameID syntax. And its also not
critical, so I will leave gGo as it is now and wait for the server fix.

After all, while you are testing gGo, you are also debugging IGS. Good job :*)

 Peter