[ggo-discussion] glGo 1.3.1 released

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:48:44 +0200

glGo 1.3.1 is out.
Trying not to paste the complete Changelog (long this time), here the essential stuff:

* Better support for anti-escaper system
* Improved match system: New nmatch system now supports disputes, plus a number of changes to preselected handicap/komi values.
* Right-click on opponent clocks to addtime
* Interface support for komi changes
* Rewrote how the territory estimator is called, the previous version still occasionally crashed the program.
* new Czech translation

Otherwise lots of minor fixes, see ChangeLog for details.

--- Linux notes---
Please note that I relabeled the Linux downloads. "glGo-1.3.1.xxx" is now for Python 2.4, "glGo-1.3.1-Python23.xxx" for Python 2.3 Last version had it just reverse, with "glGo-1.3.xxx" for Python 2.3 I suppose meanwhile most Linux distributions come with Python 2.4, so no real reason to not make this the default.
This is probably the last version with RPM and DEB files, I'd like to move completely to generic installers. If you like, please give the Autopackage a testrun, I'd need some more feedback for this if possible. Autopackage has the distinct advantage that you can install into the user home directory without requiring root access. Not important for home users, but interesting for those installing on university etc. computers.

Enjoy,

Peter