[ggo-discussion] Re: glGo 1.2 beta

  • From: "David C. Oshel" <grikdog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 12:45:34 -0600

On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 17:36:42 +0100, Peter Strempel wrote:
>The reason why the whole thing is Windows only at the moment simply is,
>the scorer is an external program acquired by Pandanet, and we only have
>the Windows version of it. If I could write such a thing myself, I'd be
>a made man

As far as estimators go, I've seen various algorithms written up in the
A.I. community, such as life or death calculators, etc.  It seems as
though a good position evaluator like that would be the heart of a
go-playing computer program.

So how good is the one you have to use? In other words, is it a
parimutuel algorithm trying to fix odds on the outcome, or is it just
counting territory if the game stops now?

Just curious.  Sounds like fun to write.

--
David C. Oshel          dcoshel@xxxxxxxxx
Cedar Rapids, IA        http://www.pobox.com/~dcoshel