[ggo-discussion] glGo 1.2 beta

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Mar 2005 02:58:55 +0100

Hello,

glGo 1.2 beta is available here:

http://www.pandanet.co.jp/English/glgo/beta/
or
http://panda-igs.joyjoy.net/English/glGo/beta/

As of writing this, Windows only. Linux and Mac will be added later.

Most interesting addition is a new score and territory estimator which
not only tells the actual score as number but can also display territory
and dead groups visually on the board. The scorer can be used in offline
games, observed games and free games started in the Free Game Room. It
is not available for own rated games (obvious) and reviews (too messy).
To score a position, select menu Edit - Estimate Territory or just hit
F6. If you are doing this in an observed game, the game will pause at
the current move so following played moves won't change the position. To
get back to the game, just navigate to the last move again.

The scorer is Windows only. I am aware Mac and Linux users might hang me
upside down, but I cannot change it at the moment.

Other changes, including some suggestions I got over this list, are
listed in the ChangeLog.txt file (see [glGo]\docs\).

If you find any serious bugs, please inform me. New features won't make
it into 1.2 anymore, though, I want to release it within the next days
when I got the translation updates.

Peter