[ggo-discussion] Re: glGo 1.1 beta

  • From: Jarkko Lindblad <jarkkojpl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 17:06:15 +0200

Peter Strempel wrote:

>>would not mind hearing (and seeing :) ) a beautiful japanese go-girl
>>counting down the last seconds
>>

>You do the recording? :)

If I were a beautiful Japanese go-girl, I would :)

In addition to having the two different time alarm settings, there could
also be an option like: "Count down the last n seconds" - if selected
the last n seconds would always beep. Also it would be nice if the beep
sound could be user defined - I find the current one to be a bit irritating.

>Something I discussed with malf earlier: The term "Koryo" might be
>somewhat unknown and confusing for users. At least, someone dumb as me

It sure it - I had never heared of it before, and google thought I was
interested in touring in North Korea (how did they know it?) when I
searched for it.

>who heard the word "Koryo" the first time had absolutely no clue what it
>means. I had to look at Panda-Egg to see it in action to understand what
>it does. Maybe "Overtime" and "Overtime periods" or something might be
>better? Panda-Egg/English uses "Koryo time/count", so I used the same
>phrase as well.

I think anything is better :) Though, overtime could be confusing too as
byo-yomi is also kind of an overtime, is it not? Hopefully someone with
good imagination comes up with a good word for this. "Bonus time", "Deep
Thought Time (DTT, not to be confused with DDT)",... I sure hope someone
will come up with anything better :)

>Another thing I just noticed in the beta: The koryo time/count are not
>shown in the match condition part of playerinfo dialogs. Will fix that.

That is true. I was wondering about that when I started a game and had
no clue if I have any DTT or not :)

>It's also not shown in the "Match condition" column of player list, but
>that's ok to avoid this column getting too large. It's already too big
>for my taste anyways.

Buy a bigger screen :)
I do think that the player list should be redesigned anyhow - it is kind
of messy now. Also the filter implementation is of limited usefullness -
even though I've defined a couple of filters, I actually never use them
as I am not that interested in only seeing the players who do not know
how to resign or whatever :)

Also, maybe there should be an option to see only the most relevant
fields - after all, the Obs- and Country- and even Idle-fields are of
limited usefulness. Also some of the informaton in the fields should be
color coded as otherwise it can be messy. I find the Match
Settings-field to be especially messy.

>Also, the new nmatch dialog doesn't show the game history yet like the
>old match dialog does. That fell prey to "Do important stuff first."
>Have to add that somewhen later.

Also would be nice to see if the person belongs to any "filter".

Btw, what is Prebyoyomi, which always seems to be 0 - 0?

--
Jarkko Lindblad
jarkkojpl@xxxxxxxxxx