[ggo-discussion] Re: glGo 1.1 beta

  • From: Jarkko Lindblad <jarkkojpl@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:11:08 +0200

Peter Strempel wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I put a test version for glGo 1.1 online:
>http://www.pandanet.co.jp/English/glgo/beta/
>
>Some quick notes are available on that page. All changes are listed in
>ChangeLog.txt which is included in the installer. I havn't found the
>time to write proper documentation for the new nmatch usage yet - or
>said the other way, I hate writing documentation. :)
>
>If you want to give the new time system a testrun, please go ahead.
>
>Right now, as of writing this, there is only a Windows version. Mac
>version is currently compiling, Linux I will do later today. Mac/Linux
>should be both available today evening.
>
>I don't know if many people are still running Windows 98. I replaced the
>text fields (terminal, shouts, channels etc) with new textareas that
>support Asian characters. Unfortunately this doesn't work on old Windows
>versions. A workaround is by replacing resource.xrs with another file
>available on the beta webpage. This is sort of ugly, but my motivation
>to care much for outdated Windows is very limited and I think Asian
>textdisplay is more important. Not sure if this is smart, though. :)
>

>Sidenote about gGo: My current gGo development version can observe
>reviews and supports most of the new nmatch stuff, though latter isn't
>complete yet (I orignally decided to ignore one feature which turned out
>to be a mistake). I currently want to get glGo out first, then somewhen
>over Christmas a gGo testversion (via webstart) should be available.
>

>Feedback is welcome.
>
>Peter

Hi,

First connection to IGS with this client version and first bug was found
within the first minute :)

I had preset the new time setting preferences. However, the Koryotime
count: 0 - 100 and Koryosec: 0 - 5 I had defined in the client and what
appeared on the main client window had switched - I had defined Koryosec
as 0-100 and Koryotime as 0-5, but in the client area i was informed by
the (client | server) that my sec was 0-5 and Ktime as 0-100.

Or maybe I am too tired as what I just wrote only barely makes any sense.

--
Jarkko Lindblad
jarkkojpl@xxxxxxxxxx