[ggo-discussion] glGo 1.1 beta

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 15:58:48 +0100

Hi,

I put a test version for glGo 1.1 online:
http://www.pandanet.co.jp/English/glgo/beta/

Some quick notes are available on that page. All changes are listed in
ChangeLog.txt which is included in the installer. I havn't found the
time to write proper documentation for the new nmatch usage yet - or
said the other way, I hate writing documentation. :)

If you want to give the new time system a testrun, please go ahead.

Right now, as of writing this, there is only a Windows version. Mac
version is currently compiling, Linux I will do later today. Mac/Linux
should be both available today evening.

I don't know if many people are still running Windows 98. I replaced the
text fields (terminal, shouts, channels etc) with new textareas that
support Asian characters. Unfortunately this doesn't work on old Windows
versions. A workaround is by replacing resource.xrs with another file
available on the beta webpage. This is sort of ugly, but my motivation
to care much for outdated Windows is very limited and I think Asian
textdisplay is more important. Not sure if this is smart, though. :)

Sidenote about gGo: My current gGo development version can observe
reviews and supports most of the new nmatch stuff, though latter isn't
complete yet (I orignally decided to ignore one feature which turned out
to be a mistake). I currently want to get glGo out first, then somewhen
over Christmas a gGo testversion (via webstart) should be available.

Feedback is welcome.

Peter