[ggo-discussion] Re: bug

  • From: Peter Strempel <zotan@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 22:58:34 +0200

On Fri, May 09, 2003 at 02:10:14AM +0300, Jarkko Lindblad wrote:

> I was observing a game. Someone challenged me and I accepted. When the
> board was opening, I closed the board on which I was observing a game.
> The good old "let's not show the black's first move bug" occured, so I
> used the refresh-menuitem. Surprise surprise, the board was filled with
> the moves of the game I was observing just a couple seconds before. Also
> the time fields were filled from that game, but the player names were
> however correct... have fun :)

Please capture the .ggo.log file in those cases and email it to me. Not much
I can do without. I just started a couple of games while observing one or
more others, and in all cases the new game opened and was handled properly.
I suppose it's triggered by some timing when an observed move is incoming
while gGo is setting up the new game, but this is difficult to debug without
the logfile showing where it went wrong in a real session.

Peter

PS:

Match[19x19] in 1 minute requested with SmileyBone as Black.
Use <match SmileyBone W 19 1 10> or <decline SmileyBone> to respond.

[Clicked Decline within less than 3 seconds]

It does not look as though that player is challenging you.

How on earth do those people get new games within 3 seconds? Which client
supports something like "range-match"? I really hate this.