[ggo-discussion] Re: Weird disconnections - IGS?

  • From: gcarbone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 03:48:06 +0200

Yes Michael, i had the same problem 15 days ago i lost a game like this,
and now it happens very often, i ask 'refresh' , and ask 'stats' for me or my
opponent
and nothing happens But sometimes when i ask refresh in 'games' windows it
refreshs but my opponent move is always not displayed in my game.

another less important problem i had is:
I was playing a game ,the connection was closed by IGS ,i reconnect and reload
the
game , when playing the game others players ask me to play games but only
during a
few minutes. It never happens if the connection is active

On 20 May 2003 at 21:11, Michael Camacho wrote:

I don't think this is a gGo problem... probably IGS.

Quite often, lately, I find myself waiting for my opponent to move... and
waiting... and
waiting some more. Then when I type 'refresh' or click the 'observers' button
or
something, I am told I have been disconnected. Now, my Internet connection is
not
down, so IGS must have disconnected me, and yet when I reconnect and load my
game, I see that my time was still running down.

So it looks like IGS is closing my connection but leaving me in the game.
Really
strange!

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I don't recall this ever happening to me before the server switch (before, I'd
only been
disconnected by IGS restarts or my Internet connection going down).

- Michael