[ggo-discussion] Weird disconnections - IGS?

  • From: "Michael Camacho" <Michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 21:11:41 +0100

I don't think this is a gGo problem... probably IGS.

Quite often, lately, I find myself waiting for my opponent to move... and
waiting... and waiting some more. Then when I type 'refresh' or click the
'observers' button or something, I am told I have been disconnected. Now, my
Internet connection is not down, so IGS must have disconnected me, and yet when
I reconnect and load my game, I see that my time was still running down.

So it looks like IGS is closing my connection but leaving me in the game.
Really strange!

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this?

I don't recall this ever happening to me before the server switch (before, I'd
only been disconnected by IGS restarts or my Internet connection going down).

- Michael