[ggo-discussion] PlayerManager & gGo

  • From: blunt jackson <blunt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2004 23:04:39 -0800

Well, I installed glGo and playermanager, and turned on "Use glGo's
Playermanager"
in gGo->preferences->advanced.

Still, my custom flags do not show up in gGo, and text is not saved.

How do I tell gGo where playermanager and its database actually are?
You have a nice entry field to point gGo to gnugo; shouldn't
playermanager require something similar? Or is there some
requirement that gGo and glGo/playermanager be installed in
the same location?

Note that I had the setting for playermanager set to on previously
because I thought it was a part of gGo. You could definitely use
more documentation here. Or maybe settle on a single integrated
product? In any case, if playermanager is not available, or cannot
be found, some sort of warning that the functionality won't work
would be very handy!

So, to proceed, I unchecked playermanager in gGo, restarted it,
and then checked it again, and restarted it, but the two
applications do not seem to be communicating.

Any ideas what might be going on here?

-bluejack

PS. playermanager *does* work in glGo, and glGo itself looks
fairly nice. I would be tempted to use that instead of qGo, but
it doesn't seem to have a 'tabbed' view -- and I detest all those
blasted windows.