[ggo-discussion] Re: How to join a chat in gGo?

  • From: Peter Strempel <zotan@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2003 19:05:21 +0200

Thomas Bitschnau wrote:

> I tried to figure out how to join a chat in gGo, but I don't have any
> idea how it works.

Just enter the channel number in the input field on the bottom of the
channel window (the one just left of "Enter" button), then hit the
"Enter" button. If the channel did not exist yet, it will be created,
otherwise you join an existing channel. To leave a channel again, hit
the "Leave" button. To change a channel, leave first and then enter
another channel number into the input field again and join that one.

You can also use the standard IGS telnet command 'yell' for the same
purpose, the channel window should catch them and adjust the GUI.
Basically, when you hit that Enter button, gGo sends 'yell \xx'. You
could do that manually, too, makes no difference.

You can only be in one channel at the same time. This is no limitation
of the interface but of the server.

  Peter