[ggo-discussion] Re: Game window slicing with gnugo

  • From: Peter Strempel <pstrempel@xxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 17:42:13 +0200

On Wed, Jul 30, 2003 at 02:29:43AM +0200, gcarbone@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> When playing games with Gnugo the successives windows appear slicing down
> and rigth to the screen, so after twenty games the windows is pratically o=
> ut of
> screen.
> But when you return to play or observe games with gGo the differents windo=
> ws
> dont slice but stay at the last position it was with Gnugo.

All windows receive some interntal counter, and when a new window is opened
it is shifted slightly to the right and down, so when you open subsequent
windows, each new is not completely covering the others, instead they
cascade.

So lets say, first window opens as 100/100. Second will open at 110/110,
third at 120/120 etc.
When you close a window, the counter is decreased again.

However, I don't want to exclude something goes wrong. :*)
I never opened more than one GNU Go window (why would I want to? If I want
to restart GNU Go, I reuse the same window). So maybe the GNU Go window has
some problem I have not yet discovered. I will have a look.

> If you quit gGo and reoppen, there isn't any problems.

Sure, as the counters are reset then.

> It looks like a win98 problem, but why Gnugo is acting on gGo

No win98 problem. Basically how gGo is supposed to work.

 Peter