[ggo-discussion] Re: Error with fresh thinstall-ed version of glGo 1.4 (with gnugo 3.6, on a very fresh XP sp2)

  • From: Mickaël Labau <mickael.labau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 15:30:40 +0100

I found the solution !
It seems that thinapp (formerly named thinstall) actually does not a good job :)

Once you have thinapp -ed the installation you get the generated
directory "bin".
The solution is rather easy, ultimately. You need to add the original
folder "share"
with (only) theses original files inside
  config.ini
  coords_font.txf
  data.dat
  FreeSans.ttf
  go.dtd
  resource.xrs
  resource.xrs_win98
Then launch glGo.exe and it should works.
You can add other files but the game seems to work without them) :

For developper : When I remove one of these files, I get a "C++ runtime error"
(in the thinapp-ed version OR in the original installed version of glGo)
Did you forget that we ALWAYS have to check stream function's return
values  ? :p

--
Mickaël Labau - (labau_m)
aka Astyan aka If-Zen