[ggo-discussion] Re: Editing the game when playing

  • From: gcarbone@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 12:34:56 +0200

Hi all,hi Peter
I can't agree with you, of course if you want to become stronger you
have to read in your head and make a lot of life and death problems.
I am 3k and i never used the editing possibility to try out sequences of
moves, when playing a game, because i don't find it useful for me ; but
what about my opponent using edition? I don't think he's cheating he just
help me being stronger !
Why? because he makes the best moves a player of HIS LEVEL can do
the edition don't improve his strength.
My ask is for evaluating position. How to learn it ,there is no books like=

TESUJI,JOSEKI,FUSEKI,also MIDDLE GAME and LIFE AND DEATH.
I find in gGo editing a good way to do so.
But, Peter, you made this nice gGo program and decide this feature
have to be removed; nevertheless i continue to use gGo.
Greetings
G=E9rard