[ggo-discussion] A few newbee questions

  • From: Steffen Dettmer <steffen@xxxxxxx>
  • To: ggo-discussion@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 5 Oct 2003 00:13:04 +0200

Hi!

I found GnuGo and from that, ggo as a nice client. I put gnugo
into /usr/local/bin (PATH is including it), but ggo don't find
it, no problem, I can set up the binary path at the properties
dialog. Unfortunality, I don't know how to save the properties to
a file or how to create a properties file (by $EDITOR). Is there
a kind of example/template file? Playing around with "Kogo's
Joseki Dictionary" it seems that there may be some minor issues
regarding displaying. During load, sometimes a
"java.lang.OutOfMemoryError" occures in the .ggo.log (I think
there is not much someone can do about JDKs memory management
:(). Do I'm anything wrong? I use JDK-1.4.1.

I saw amazing 3D screen shots of glgo, unfortunality by SuSE 7.3
system seems to much outdated to run it (e.g., just glibc 2.2
instead of 2.3). Is the development of ggo affected by this or
will it continue? I would really like it, as I think ggo is a
very nice tool especially for playing GnuGo! Great work, thank
you very much!

Finally, some informations about my system:

steffen@diva:~> java -version
java version "1.4.1_01"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build
1.4.1_01-b01)

steffen@diva:~> uname -a
Linux diva 2.4.10-4GB #1 Tue Sep 25 12:33:54 GMT 2001 i686 unknown

steffen@diva:~> cat /etc/SuSE-release=20
SuSE Linux 7.3 (i386)
VERSION =3D 7.3

steffen@diva:~> rpm -q gGo
gGo-0.4-1

Thank you!

oki,

Steffen

--=20
es tr=E4gt daher weder Unterschrift noch Siegel.