[geogebra-cas] Ted Kosan and MathPiper

  • From: "Markus Hohenwarter" <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geogebra-cas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Dec 2008 16:42:00 -0800

Dear GeoGebraCAS friends,

let me introduce you to Ted Kosan <ted.kosan@xxxxxxxxx> (Shawnee State
University in Ohio, USA), a new member of our GeoGebraCAS mailing
list. As you know we are basing our GeoGebraCAS on Yacas. Ted has
decided to fork JavaYacas into "MathPiper" because it was not being
maintained and none of the Yacas developers seemed to be in a position
to move it forward again. MathPiper will essentially be an improved
Yacas where Ted can help us to fix bugs in the future which is very
important of course. We will soon switch from Yacas to MathPiper
internally.

I am very happy about Ted's enormous efforts and am looking forward to
good collaboration in the future. Ted, welcome to the GeoGebra
community and thanks for your great work!

Best wishes,
Markus

--
Markus Hohenwarter, PhD
Florida Center for Research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

GeoGebra: www.geogebra.org
IGI: www.geogebra.org/IGI