[geogebra-cas] GeoGebraCAS update: please play a bit

  • From: "Markus Hohenwarter" <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geogebra-cas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2008 01:05:20 -0500

Dear GeoGebraCAS friends,

I have played a bit with the basics behind the CAS to build my own
syntax. The basic idea is that the new GeoGebraCAS syntax is
translated to Yacas syntax, evaluated by Yacas, and then translated
back to GeoGebra syntax. of the CAS. The user does not notice all
this, of course.

You can play with the current CAS version at
http://www.geogebra.org/webstart/alpha/geogebra-cas.jnlp

Please have a look at my documentation of current features at
http://ggbdev.pbwiki.com/Short-list-of-commands-for-the-prototype
and add your thoughts and comments concerning the syntax and basic
features right on that page. I also have put some questions for the
Austrian group about some mentioned features. I will try to add
buttons for "substitute", "expand", "factor", etc. soon (we have most
of the functionality, I just need to fix some GUI bugs) and improve
the user interface look and feel.

Thanks,
Markus

--
Markus Hohenwarter, PhD
Florida Center for Research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

GeoGebra: www.geogebra.org
IGI: www.geogebra.org/IGI