[geogebra-cas] GeoGebraCAS update

  • From: Markus Hohenwarter <markus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geogebra-cas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 09:52:51 -0400

Dear GeoGebraCAS friends,

I have spent some time during the last days with the CAS interface and
made some good progress. Now, it is in a state where playing with it
starts getting fun. The main restriction right now is that saving
doesn't work.

GeoGebraCAS Webstart:
http://www.geogebra.org/webstart/alpha/geogebra-cas.jnlp
Documentation:
http://ggbdev.pbwiki.com/GeoGebraCAS-Documentation

Please put your ideas and bug-reports (including your name) on the top of
http://ggbdev.pbwiki.com/CAS-Todo

Thanks,
Markus

P.S. a quick note on "simplify": I know about the ambiguity of the
command "Simplify" and was playing with different names for it as
possibly "Group Terms" might better describe what it is really doing.
However, eventually I got annoyed by this name myself and decided to
tooltips and toolbar help texts to explain what a command does.

--
Markus Hohenwarter, PhD
Florida Center for Research in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics

GeoGebra: www.geogebra.org
IGI: www.geogebra.org/IGI
CPALMS: www.cpalms.org