[geocentrism] Re: veracity

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:55:20 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 16:12:00 +1000

I did not hesitate, but I am sure a few tender and sensitive Catholic souls may have been shocked..  Not a murmer back so far. I heard Jack muttering.

But that is the point Neville.. Scripture cannot validate or authorise itself. Jesus did not preach scripture, or ever ask for any book to be written, lest he asked for it privately in addition to His insistence on the tradition of oral preaching. Which I am sure he did.

The book did not fall from Heaven in a blaze of light, but was compiled together by a bunch of men argueing for many months if not years about what was inspired and what was not. We know that there are some few inspired writings that are not included. Just who has the authority to put them in there today?  Jimmy Swaggert?

Agreed.

"I find it hard to accept that what is still a massive structure needs to rotate about the World."

Well yes, but hardly impossible given the theoretical possibilities, like a solid aether..  After all the High Priests of the temple preach time dilation and linear contraction, er or is it molecular contraction..

Agreed, too, but it was more the necessity (or even, purpose) of it from God's point of view, for even in a 'small' geocentric universe, the stars are whizzing around at superluminal speeds.