(no subject)

  • From: Paul Deema <paul_deema@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 07:51:45 +0000 (GMT)

re:Steven's points.
From Steven Jones Thu Oct 25 05:56:41 2007
Quoting Philip M quoting Steven J ... 4. No observed yearly motion of stars
around ecliptic N/S-poles ...
Steven J ... It's true, no observed motion to match this criteria is observed
I don't think you responded to my challenge on this matter in my post -
Supplementary to "...supported by facts?" From Paul Deema Thu Oct 18 19:59:07
2007
(In part).
Let me explain about the Heliocentric position.
One. The Earth rotates on an axis once per sidereal day with its North Pole
pointing to Polaris (give or take a degree) and its South Pole pointing to
Sigma Octantus (give or take a degree) the North and South Celestial Pole stars
respectively.
Two. The Earth revolves around the Sun at a distance of one AU (give or take a
million or two miles). As a consequence, the volume defined by the Earth's axis
on this annual journey is a cylinder -- not a cone. Because of the ratio of one
AU to the distance to the stars, the apparent angular change to these pole
stars is trivial and certainly less than one mas. This in fact is the
phenomenon of parallax.
Three. The best way to envisage rotation about the Ecliptic Poles is to replace
the Earth with a long flat narrow object oriented in the plane of the Ecliptic,
pivotted at the Sun and with an observation point at the end at one AU
distance. (This gets rid of the necessity of mentally struggling with the
Earth's axial inclination to the plane of the Ecliptic which seems to be such a
problem in the minds of Geocentrists, but if necessary, a mechanism to actually
resolve this difficulty can be explained). If we mount a camera at this
observation point and pointing up, it will be pointing at the (for convention)
North Ecliptic Pole. Now if we start this construct rotating at the same rate
as the Earth revolves and we open the shutter for a short period once per mean
solar day (equates to midnight on the Earth) for 365 exposures of the single
frame, then at the end of one year, we will have a photograph of many stars in
the form of concentric circles each
 composed of 365 dots and centred on the North Ecliptic Pole. Voila!
Please -- demonstrate the weakness in my argument.