[geocentrism] Re: meditations on Scripture

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:36:17 +1000

This is similar to the Moon going around "set in the firmament" (i.e., rotation
of the firmament, not the Moon), which you did not seem to side with when Allen
was championing that (Biblical) position. Neville

This deserves a simple fast response.  I never have rejected this biblical fact
as regards the firmament. Allen may have brought it up amongst his dialogue,
but I was concentrating on his error concerning rotation and orbiting being two
separate motions which he denies.  To avoid the complication of an aether with
imbedded moon, I tried to keep the discussion to mechanical models on earth,
where an orbiting physical body around  a centre point, has to make one
rotation every orbit if it is to present the same face to the centre. That
basic physical fact Allen denies.

In any case the firmament or aether allows for individual rotation of the
bodies imbedded within it. No complications please Allen.