[geocentrism] Re: meditations on Scripture

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 15:27:07 +1000

Philip,  I thought you would encourage someone who gets a distinct feeling that
God is listening to him when he prays, rather than trying to explain it away
with endorphins? This is similar to the Moon going around "set in the
firmament" (i.e., rotation of the firmament, not the Moon), which you did not
seem to side with when Allen was championing that (Biblical) position.

You do surprise me sometimes.   Neville

Yes, Neville I do even surprise myself.. lots of times...  But Charity is love.
And love demands sacrifice. In Charity one can do no more than desire that
every man be saved. If I were to speak to you and Peter, together, (not
counting all the other diverse persons) and comfort you both in your distinct
feelings of communicating with God,  then I would have been uncharitable to at
least one of you. Your assessment of God is entirely different to that of
Peter.

Thus knowing just how diverse all of the opinions of man are as regards God,
and given that many at one time or the other feel deep spiritual communion with
their particular variation of God and His desires, it is more charitable to
discourage faith on feelings that are without reason. And reason is obviously
absent due to the contradictory nature of all their beliefs.  I say this just
as seriously to the majority of Catholics who have that nice fuzzy feeling
about the Pope. I say it to myself.

That makes me an arrogant self opinioniated control freak..  And with good
reason! Reasoned reason.

I have no feelings...that I trust..endorphins are real.  .I talk to God with
fear and humility, meaning I respect His superiority.. He is not one of the
boys. Philip.