[geocentrism] Re: incitement to racism

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 08:07:49 -0800

John,

I think that the majority of people are brain dead and really couldn't give a toss about anything other than themselves.

When I was an undergraduate at London University in the 70s, I used to think for myself and stand up and be counted. For example, the Student Union had a 'debate' on abortion, which was nothing more than a few mouthy clowns shouting about a  woman's 'right to choose'. One guy stood up and spoke against abortion. He was heckled and jeered, but I listened to what he was saying and where he was coming from. When the vote came, there were just two voting against abortion - the brave speaker and me.

Likewise, I used to speak out against the anti-apartheid lobby, because in my opinion the Blacks had a really good deal under White rule in South Africa. I think now that most Blacks of that era would say the same.

After leaving university and going to work every day for a living to support a young family, my perspective narrowed and I became engrossed in Thatcher's Britain. I.e., I was taking on a selfish view of the world.

This world is geared to obscuring truth and replacing the purpose of life with some never-never unreality, such that we can all stop thinking for ourselves and speaking up for what we believe in.

This forum is not like that. I thank people like yourself and Philip for giving reasoned debate as you have. And, in fairness to Philip, I think that the main point he was making was against the organic evolution fairytale that people latch on to in order to justify (in their eyes) their stupid, pointless lives.

Best wishes,

Neville.
www.realityreviewed.com