[geocentrism] Re: fwd: Hello - and what is your take on this?

  • From: Regner Trampedach <art@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:03:13 +1100

Quoting philip madsen <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Yeah - global warming is a best-seller!
> People are shoveling in money, selling it to the masses!
> The polar bears will be just fine.
> Sigh...
>
>    Regner
> Yes here in Aus, every second of every day it gets repeated somewhere , and
> great is the condemnation of any who disagree,

It is not about disagreeing, but about ignoring the ever-expanding
list of observations in support of it.
And my point is, that it is plenty more lucrative to be employed by the
oil-companies than running climate models. Al Gore, I believe, is doing
pretty well, but oil-companies would pay more for his silence.

> except of course, as we are
> getting too much cold weather, its no longer so much about global warming,
> but about "climate Change" the new buzz. I

Climate change is a better term, since some places are predicted to
get colder, but the mean temperature of the Earth is predicted and observed
to rise. And you still have all the weather fluctuations on top of the longer
trends of climate change. You cannot say much about the climate, from just
a couple of years of data.

> Where there is warming I would bet any old day its not man caused, but  due
> to the sun.

So what is the Sun doing to cause this?

> And if I wanted a green house in my garden I'd want water vapor
> long before CO2.

> And the final nail in the carbon nonscience, nonsense fiasco,

I do not see the connection between your statement above and what you
write below.

> 90% of which means all of our carbon dioxide /oxygen photosynthesis
> occurs in our oceans.. Without the sea, the stuff growing on the land would
> leave us all dead overnight as we run out of oxygen.

That is hopefully well known.

> As Asimov pointed out decades ago, to make a self sustaining lifelong
> interstellar journey, plants would never do, but large tanks of plankton
> through which the air was pumped...Remember that domed jungle in Arizona,
> that could not keep 4 people supplied with oxygen.. They had to pipe it in,
> thus destroying the concept.

That is hopefully not in dispute either.

    - Regner