[geocentrism] Re: engrossing

  • From: j a <ja_777_aj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2005 14:54:02 -0700 (PDT)

Nick,

I read it again and it is clearly saying salvation is possible without being in
the catholic church - therefore according to what you presented, the current
pope should have been considered a heritic by all true catholics. Otherwise,
what is the point of the entire piece?

I cannot look at the catholic church as anything that you claim because there
is no scriptural basis for doing so. And on top of that there is plenty of
scripture against it. So until you address any of those things, which you
can't, you are just a snake-oil salesmen. Your main arguement being akin to
"buy what I sell or you will die". Scare tactics are for those on weak ground

The reliable authority is the bible and the reliable guide is the holy spirit
and Jesus is the salvation.

All those who believe and trust in Jesus are saved.
All those who are saved are saints.
All saved people are Jesus' representatives on earth.
All saved people form the body of Jesus' church.

These are all simple biblical principles that catholicism misses. Show me the
verses that prove me wrong and you right. One or two at a time please

JA

"Niemann, Nicholas K." <NNiemann@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

JA,
Yes, the scriptures demonstrate the basis and authority for Catholicism.

I have not demonstrated the current Pope is a heretic.  I think DI can be read
in ways that can be misleading.  For example, what does the first sentence of
what you show below really mean.  It doesn't say you can be saved if you die
outside the Catholic Church.

Merely because you fail to see Jesus' wisdom and truth in the Catholic writings
doesn't mean it's not there.  It just means you don't see it or understand it.
Fortunately, Jesus gave us a reliable authority we can look to on earth for an
answer.  God speaks through the Catholic Church.  View the Church as His
mouthpiece if that helps you conceptually.

Regards,
Nick.