[geocentrism] Re: conspiracies and lies

  • From: "philip madsen" <pma15027@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 11:02:36 +1000

Further to Paul D talking  about "industrious and dedicated people who labour
daily to make these events happen"

Let me tell you a story to really contradict the idea that money does not come
first over dedication.

During the time around when the US helped and supported the Soviets when the
woman cosmonaut was lost in space for a period, I worked for NASA's Satellite
Tracking station near Woomera. Immediately prior to that time, I worked for the
British Blue Streak space Program on another base in the same region. I was
dedicated. When I found out that this program was an "exercise in futility"
Space was never the objective, and that the launch trajectory was westwards, I
complained..  I saw no point in laying cables up a tower with millimetre
precision, knowing they were to serve no purpose but be pulled down again. I
was hauled before the project executive manager and this is what he said,
confirming my disgust.

"If you don't like ensuring the quite comfortable pay check you get every
month, I can assure you I do! I am not going to have you upsetting that.  If
you don't like it you can leave."

I did leave immediately. I was not slave to the money coming in over
principle.. I had left a very good permanent career at MT Isa Mines, to work in
this scientific field.  I moved to NASA, whom I observed were into fair dinkum
satellite research.

The point!    Everyone on that project were happy to just take the money.
Ideals did not come into their vocabulary..I might add, that this attitude was
quite common to the people at NASA as well..  Job security was number one, and
climbing the ladder of promotion, not space.  Please don't try to spin the
idealism card at us..  It just aint true..